Technical Support Engineer at Zayo
Zayo Group Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: ZAYO) provides communications infrastructure solutions, including fiber and bandwidth connectivity, colocation and cloud infrastructure to the world’s leading businesses. Customers include wireless and wireline carriers, media and content companies, cloud providers, finance and professional services and other large enterprises. Zayo provides customers with flexible solutions and self-service through Tranzact, an innovative online platform for managing and purchasing bandwidth.
As a member of the Network Engineering team this role is the senior level of support for Zayo’s global IP and layer 2 infrastructure. The team Provides support to Network Architecture, Network Operations and Activations teams with respect to technical issues and day to day care and support of the network. The team oversees operational health of the network by ensuring operations teams are working on technical issues pertinent to network performance, tuning global network metrics to provide optimal performance for customer services. This team commissions and onboards new network elements as well as performing software lifecycle management and upgrades to network elements. When Zayo acquires an asset this team is responsible for connecting and integrating the acquired network into the larger Zayo network.
- Deployment and acceptance of new infrastructure into the network
- Document, maintain, and implement configuration standards
- Perform after-hours Maintenance Requests for network augments and changes
- Tier IV operational and troubleshooting support for NCC / IP TAC
- Monitor and troubleshoot overall network health and alert NCC to potential service issues
- Work with Engineering / Architecture to deploy network updates/upgrades and special projects
- Computer Science, Engineering, Telecom, related degree, related Military experience or equivalent experience.
- JNCIA and/or CCNA or equivalent experience.
- 2+ years’ service provider experience.
- Detail oriented, quality driven, self-directed, and self-motivated team player.
- Direct experience with IP/MPLS Routing and Switching in a service provider role:
- IPv4/IPv6, MPLS, BGP, RSVP, LDP, ISIS, 802.1q, QoS, ACLs, etc.
- Direct experience with network hardware and network operating systems:
- Juniper, Cisco, Nokia, any others a plus
- Flexible schedule to support after-hours maintenance operations
- Basic scripting/programming knowledge a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with MS Visio is a plus
- Flexible and adaptable to a constantly changing environment
- Competitive compensation
- Excellent benefits including health, dental, vision, 401 (k), disability and life insurance
- Fitness membership discounts
- Generous paid time off policy including paid parental leave