Technical Support Engineer
The Technical Support Engineer provides support to our customers I.T., training, and video departments. You will be tasked with supporting and documenting all aspects of server and tablet technologies related to troubleshooting PlayerLync solutions, system configurations/upgrades, feature usability assistance and internal testing of new products (hardware and software). The Technical Support Engineer is expected to be familiar with web technologies and will assist the development and QA teams with troubleshooting issues by providing detailed diagnostic information.
Must be willing to work an on-call, after hours support rotation with other members of the Operations Team. These are paid shifts.
- Customer service orientation is key. On a daily basis you will collaborate with internal business partners, engineering teams, and other technology professionals.
- Provides timely assistance via telephone, ticketing system and email.
- Follows-through on support requests to resolution.
- Authors and organizes detailed documentation regarding customer communications and troubleshooting.
- Respects and maintains privacy/security through courteous and professional interactions with PlayerLync customer organizations.
- Performs system feature and version upgrades for PlayerLync customers.
- Effectively communicates with the development and QA teams about features & defects.
- Contributes to the product enhancements, improvements, and partakes in internal discussions concerning customer feedback for improving and further expanding PlayerLync solutions and services.
- Participates in an on-call, after hours support rotation with other members of the PlayerLync Operations Team.
- Meets and exceeds performance in both personal and Team quarterly/annual projects and goals.
- Identify opportunities for automation and operational efficiencies.
- Other duties as described.
- 5+ years of professional IT experience.
- Experience troubleshooting end-user technical support issues. For example, experience working a help desk or other technical support role.
- Energetic attitude and be a team player.
- Great sense of humor.
- Passionate about customer service.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Loves technology and enjoys tinkering with hardware and software.
- A good understanding of Apple iOS, Android OS, MacOS, Windows 10, Web Servers (IIS & Apache).
- Ability to troubleshoot Wi-Fi connectivity issues.
- Experience working in retail, hospitality, or other customer-facing job roles.
- Experience troubleshooting modern web technology stacks.
- Experience with Server Administration
- Microsoft Operating Systems (Server 2012 R2, Windows 10), AWS Services (EC2, Route 53, S3, RDS, CloudWatch), DNS, firewalling, OSI Model
Who we are
PlayerLync is one of the most innovative enterprise mobile solutions on the market. We’re a growing, dynamic, team-oriented software company committed to providing the best in class product and service to our customers. Our enterprise software solution integrates mobile content distribution and management with e-learning, digital forms and daily operational performance tracking all in one universal solution. PlayerLync’s software is used by very high-profile companies to move massive amounts of files on and off devices efficiently, limiting the impact on network bandwidth while mobilizing millions of employees every day. In just a few years, our customer base has rapidly grown across multiple industries including professional sports franchises, top restaurant concepts, field services organizations, health care, and global retail companies.
* MUST provide a minimum of 3 (non-family member) professional references
* Salary range is annually DOE
* Additional compensation provided for on-call shifts