Technical Support Engineer
Success at JumpCloud means Success for our Customers!
Do you enjoy working deeply with leading edge technologies, resolving tough problems, and working in a dynamic, fast-moving environment that puts you in the middle of all the action between sales and engineering? Then we have an incredible opportunity for you to be a key player in our Customer Success organization here at JumpCloud.
JumpCloud (www.jumpcloud.com) is searching for the best in the business when it comes to helping to design and build the next generation of server management and directory software.
We built a disruptive new technology called Directory-as-a-Service® and it is reinventing a two decade old monopoly, giving organizations freedom of choice with their IT solutions.
What you’ll be doing:
We are looking for inspired technology professionals who love the challenge of supporting our customers and internal teams to ensure the fluid education, support, integration and adoption of our Directory-as-a-Service® (DaaS) platform.
In this position, you will:
- Leverage your passion and prior experience in technology to demonstrate our product to audiences over the web and in person at specific events.
- Provide technical support to our customers through ongoing issue triaging.
- Resolve customer’s issues via email, telephone or remote web session.
- Collaborate with peers, mentors, knowledge base, community forums and other internal tools, to provide the most effective, world-class solutions to customers.
- Ensure the success of our customers as they transition into the day to day use of our product - one which ensures the access of their entire employee base to all of the resources they need - their servers, workstations and laptops, the networks they access to all of the web and on-premise applications they use every day.
- Reproduce issues in-house and respond back in a timely manner.
- Regularly follow-up with customers on recommendations, updates and action plans.
- Escalate issues in a timely manner.
- Research and evaluate technologies to create new knowledge base articles to capture new information for reuse throughout the organization and for end users.
We’re looking for… Someone that likes the challenge of ensuring the success and delight of customers when using a software product with phenomenal abilities to demonstrate and articulate our product and company in front of technical audiences.
- A strong desire to see customers win and be successful at their jobs through the utilization of our software
- 1-3 years experience in a technical, customer-facing position
- Excellent interpersonal communication and customer service skills are needed in order to work successfully with customers as well as with peers ranging from engineering to sales and marketing
- Previous work experience in a technical domain and a basic understanding of the following technologies is preferred, but not required:
- Directory Services (Active Directory, LDAP)
- Networking & Authentication (RADIUS a plus!)
- Windows, MacOS and Linux Operating Systems
- Software systems setup and configuration experience
- Strong aptitude for learning new technologies and understanding how to utilize them in a customer-facing environment
- Willingness to travel as a customer evangelist. Activities may include customer site visits as well as industry trade shows to provide product demonstrations and Q & A in front of technical audiences
- Strong oral and written communication skills are imperative.
- Possesses a logical approach to problem solving.
- Bachelor’s degree desired
Where you’ll be working: Our corporate headquarters in downtown Boulder, right next to the Boulder Theater.
This is a great place to share and grow your expertise! You’ll work with top performers, thought leaders, developers and product folks as we build a worldwide customer base. We’re out of the box thinkers, and we value critical thinkers. Your approaches to enhancing our world-class support and product will be valued!
If you enjoy solving challenging technical problems using the latest technologies, then this is the job for you.
Please submit your résumé along with a brief explanation about yourself and why you would be a good fit for JumpCloud.