Essential Responsibilities (includes, but is not limited to):
- Providing technical partner support
- Responsible for daily cases assigned
- Logging into phone and case management systems according to schedule
- Resolving routine technical cases in a timely and efficient manner, using technical knowledge of our various Stax solutions
- Escalating cases to upper tier engineers and/or vendors when appropriate
- Owning and overseeing escalated support cases until resolution is determined
- Assists with development of processes around support in relation to providing customer support and problem resolution
- Collaborates with vendors or vendor contacts around cases currently in an escalated state
- Product and Knowledge Specialization
- Develops and maintains knowledge around products specific to their team
- Works with vendors and vendor contacts to drive continuous communications around updates and information that may affect the team
Ideal Skills, Experience, and Competencies:
- Strong communication skills around customer service – can defuse situations where partners and/or customers may be frustrated
- Excellent analytical & problem-solving skills combined with the ability to provide quick resolution to problems
- A self-motivated, strategic creative worker with a drive for executional excellence
- Proficient at managing email and team communication through MS Outlook and MS Teams
- Demonstrated support specific knowledge in one or more of the following Pax8 Staxs:
- o Productivity: Admin level experience with the Microsoft Office 365 platform. Experience migrating to Office 365, or from different versions of Microsoft Exchange. Understanding of PowerShell and its use with Office 365. Advanced knowledge of the Office 365 Desktop Suite. Fundamental knowledge of mail flow concepts and DNS.
- o Infrastructure: Advanced experience with the Microsoft Office 365 and Azure platforms. Experience with Azure AD Connect and hybrid configurations. Knowledge of Windows Virtual Desktop and/or Remote Desktop Services. Understanding of virtualization and clustered server environments.
- o Continuity: Admin level experience with BC/DR solutions, their set up, configuration, and failover best practices. Understanding of Microsoft Windows Server architecture. Admin level experience with SaaS based email solutions, Office 365 preferred. Admin level experience with SaaS based backup solutions and the restoration of data. Working knowledge of continuity-based products such as Acronis, Storagecraft, Veeam, Dropsuite.
- o Security: Admin level experience with the Microsoft Office 365 platform. Understanding of mail flow, related DNS records, diagnosing mail flow issues, setting up connectors to third party platforms. Admin level experience on SaaS based email security platforms like Proofpoint, Ironscales, Titan HQ. Admin level experience with endpoint solutions like SentinelOne and Bitdefender. Installation, removal, and remediation experience with endpoint solutions. Basic knowledge around cybersecurity best practices or the desire to learn and dig deeper.
Required Education & Certifications:
- B.S./B.A. degree in related field or equivalent work experience
- At least two (2) years of relatable experience in the technical support field
- MSP specific experience a plus
- Industry Specific certs preferred
- Microsoft 365 Expert Admin, MCSA, Comptia A+, Network+, Security+