Technical Support Engineer - govService (Grow your tech career) at Granicus LLC
Are you looking for meaning and purpose in the work you do?
Granicus is a global (remote first) software as a service company building products for the public sector. We digitize government services for all levels of government: city, county, state and federal. We also work with the UK, Canada, Australia and EU.
Examples of our work:
- City of Oakland, California has used Granicus solutions to enhance its transparency and citizen engagement efforts.
- In the aftermath of Hurricane Harvey, the City of Hurst, Texas was inundated with calls and emails about how to provide donations, dollars or a helping hand, which consumed valuable staff time. They needed a "central source of truth" and an easier way to get vital information to residents before, during and after the hurricane.
- Michigan Department of Health and Human Services (MDHHS) needed an efficient way to improve and increase foster parent recruitment in the state with a 400% over goal result.
Click => Success Stories to learn more about the impactful work we've done in communities across the country and world.
Some quick highlights about us:
- #1 GovTech company
- 22B messages sent annually (22B is not a typo)
- 280M subscribers
- 900+ global employees (300+ on the product team)
- Remote first company, this is not temporary. Should you be seeking an in person or hybrid situation and live near one of our hubs we can accommodate you.
Click => Careers to learn more about working at Granicus.
About this role:
- Hiring Manager: Wes Martin - Technical Support Engineering Manager - LinkedIn Profile
- Salary Range +bonus (starting salary may differ by experience and/or location)
- Interview process: 5-6 steps that can be done in 2 weeks (calendars permitting)
Note: the following is a profile or persona of who we are looking for. If you have many of the characteristics below, and we want to learn more about all your skills, please apply so we can start a conversation.
The Support Engineer is a detective whose knowledge of software implementations, online payment system integrations, relational databases, scripting, web applications, networks and general knowledge of internet communication protocols provides a valuable insight for solving problems. They are responsible for providing high-quality technical support for the Granicus software services we provide to the government and public.
This person will also work on other programming and documentation projects as required. The Technical Support team partners with the Customer Support team in maintaining a "Customer Focused" environment, partnering with our stakeholders to achieve the highest customer lifetime value and satisfaction.
What You'll Do:
- Ticket escalation from Customer Support and professional services teams.
- On-call rotation for Production Application Support.
- Responsible for Granicus information security by appropriately preserving the Confidentiality, Integrity, and Availability (CIA) of Granicus information assets in accordance with the company's information security program.
- Taking ownership of technical issues and working with other Engineering groups to resolve more advanced issues when necessary.
- Resolving escalated customer complaints without the need for team lead intervention.
- Updating the ticket tracking system to provide an accurate, and current, status of support issues.
- Creating Knowledge Base articles to expand the knowledge for handling support issues.
Who You Are:
- Ambitious, self-driven and an enthusiastic approach to problem-solving.
- You have relational database experience (MSSQL & PostgreSQL preferred).
- You have a technical degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience (2+ yrs.).
- You have enterprise SaaS or web-hosted software knowledge.
- You have experience with coding in Python.
- You have experience with terminal commands (CMD & bash).
- You have experience using AWS services.
- You have experience or familiarity with web scraping.
- You have experience or familiarity with elastic search.
- You have experience or familiarity Linux systems.
- You have experience with Github, CI / CD, software deployment.
- You've used ticketing systems such as JIRA or a bug tracking system.
- You have a technical understanding of agile SDLC.