Technical Support Engineer - 1st Shift
Are you data-driven? We at NetApp believe in the transformative power of data – to expand customer touchpoints, to foster greater innovation, and to optimize operations. We are designed for simplicity, optimized to protect, created to embrace future opportunity, and open to enrich choice. We are the data authority for hybrid cloud, and we are helping our customers realize the full potential of their data.
We’ve built a Data Fabric for a data-driven world – to simplify and integrate data management across the resources that are best for the business. With the Data Fabric, our customers can harness the power of cloud data services, build cloud infrastructures, and modernize storage through data management.
By modernizing storage through data management, customers can upgrade infrastructure to bring modern data services to existing applications. Only NetApp can help organizations free the resources necessary to fund transformation by deploying the industry’s leading flash storage solution, which is highly efficient and scalable in both data center and cloud environments.
As a Technical Support Engineer you will provide technical support to customers, customer support personnel, and field support staff, focused on diagnosing, troubleshooting, repairing and debugging the NetApp SolidFire and HCI product lines. Support incidents can range from various hardware and/or software issues with SolidFire/HCI storage systems and solutions, to multi-system, multi-vendor, and multi-network interoperability issues.
To be successful in this role, you must be a motivated self-starter and self-learner, and possess a strong customer service mentality. This role will provide you with an opportunity to develop your technical skills by learning and supporting infrastructure built for the next generation data center.
- Respond to post sales customer support issues, raised by the customer via phone/email/web/chat, or internally via Active Support.
- Be responsible for monitoring and responding to alerts on customer systems
- Raising support cases for alerts received by the SolidFire monitoring system or direct requests from customers
- Research customer issues in a timely manner and follow up directly with customers on recommendations and action plans.
- Technical troubleshooting of customer environments and the SolidFire product.
- Collection and analysis of multi-platform logs to identify issues and determine root cause.
- Case management.
- Collaborate with other Technical Support Engineers to quickly facilitate solutions for customers.
- Escalate cases to other more senior Technical Support Engineers and/or Escalation Engineers when the problem is too complex or falls out of your specific area of expertise.
- Leverage internal technical expertise, including higher-level engineers, knowledge base, and other internal tools, to provide the most effective solutions to customer issues.
- Create new knowledge base articles to share information for reuse throughout the Technical Support Center.
- Share best practices with Technical Support Center staff and learn about new technologies and complimentary storage applications.
- Ability to work well within a team
- Good interpersonal communication and customer service skills.
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to manage multiple work streams
- Strong aptitude for learning new technologies and understanding how to utilize them in a customer-facing environment.
- Ability to follow standard engineering principles and practices.
- Analytical approach to problem solving.
- Strong experience with virtualized infrastructure and hypervisors (VMware, Hyper-V, Etc.)
- Experience in configuring & troubleshooting distributed applications and infrastructure management software
- Intermediate knowledge of
- UNIX/Linux System Administration
- TCP/IP and Networking
- Storage Administration
- Network storage protocols
- Troubleshooting block storage access protocols (FC, iSCSI)
- Troubleshooting file-based access protocols (NFS/CIFS)
- Server / storage hardware troubleshooting
- Previous experience with case management systems
- Certifications in the following are a plus: VCP, CCNA, BCP, MCP
Typically requires a minimum of 5 years of related experience with a Bachelor’s degree; or 3 years and a Master’s degree; or a PhD without experience; or equivalent combination of applicable education/training/certifications (VCP, CCNA, BCP, MCP, etc.) and relevant professional work experience.
So get ready to tap into the data visionary within, and join us as we accelerate digital transformation and empower our customers to change the world with data!
If you ask a NetApp employee why they work here, the answer is inevitably the same: the people. At NetApp, our culture is at the heart of what we do. We place importance in trust, integrity, teamwork, and caring above all else. NetApp is a place where people are empowered to make a difference. Empowered to innovate. Empowered to collaborate. Empowered to help ourselves and others be data-driven and change the world. We take care of each other, our customers, our partners, and our communities simply because it’s the right thing to do.
We work hard but also recognize the importance of work-life balance for our employees because what’s important to them is important to us! Recently we implemented Family First, which encourages employees to take paid time off to bond with a new child (through birth or adoption) or to care for a family member with a serious health condition. Our volunteer time off program is best in class, offering employees 40 hours of paid time off per year to donate their time with their favorite organizations. We provide comprehensive medical, dental, wellness and vision plans for you and your family. We offer educational assistance, legal services, and access to discounts and fitness centers. We also offer financial savings programs to help you plan for your future.
Join us and see what empowerment can do.