From our founding until now, our mission has remained the same: to remove the engineering burden from data teams by standardizing and fully automating data connectors. With Fivetran, your data just arrives in your warehouse, canonical and ready to query, no engineering or maintenance required. As we watch more and more companies leverage our technology to become truly data-driven, we’re proud not only of our growth but also of the fact that we’ve grown without compromising our core values.
We do the right thing, even when it's harder in the short run. We challenge the status quo by reasoning from first principles.
Fivetran belongs to all of us. We take ownership and are accountable for getting things done. Through curiosity, learning, and coaching, we grow as individuals and teams.
One team, one dream.
We share the pains and successes of our customers, partners and colleagues. We seek, gather, and trust a diverse group of teammates with different perspectives to guide Fivetran's progress.
If these values resonate with you, we’d love to hear from you.
Technical Success sits at the intersection of technical expertise and business experience. Holistic consultative approaches drive customer value generation. Reporting to the NA VP of Customer Success, this technical leader will be instrumental in ensuring customers continue to add value with their data and in turn grow usage within our existing customer base through opportunity discovery and execution of Fivetran’s continuous adoption framework. Technical Success Architects will also work to improve customer experiences that start in the sales cycle and extend through all post-sales functions including Account Management and Support.
This technical leader will ensure their and colleague teams have the capacity, capability, and motivation to deliver technical success across the full customer journey including establishing the technical win in coordination with sales engineering, building flawless customer onboarding experiences, customer care, ongoing engagement, consumption growth, and net revenue retention. This technical leader will act as an internal advocate for customers and bring the voice of the customer into the rest of the organization to share perspectives leading to an increase in meaningful outcomes and increasing business value to our customers.
As a Technical Success Manager at Fivetran, you will:
- Actively serving as a technical advisor to a portfolio of assigned accounts including major consumer, prosumer and B2B brands.
- Working on new customer onboarding to map their business needs and design solutions tailored to their use cases and needs.
- Collaborate with customers in a highly strategic manner to develop their success road map for the first 12 months of Fivetran adoption and beyond.
- Develop collaboratively with our Sales Engineers, Support Engineers and Account Managers the technical artifacts that support organisational success of usage of Fivetran
- Proactively identifying opportunities for up sell and account expansion and ensuring where this requires wider implementation of our product that this is technically and commercially sound.
- Develop domain expertise in our key verticals through deep customer collaborations, general research and attending industry events/conferences.
- Identify product feedback from customers, spotting trends and surfacing to help shape product road map
What You'll Bring to The Team:
- You’re not a newbie to customer success. Minimum 2 years experience as a Technical Customer Success Manager, Solutions Engineer or Technical Account Manager
- Data is your thing. A solid understanding of the data space - cloud infrastructure, database technologies, visualisation tools and other enabling technologies
- You understand people. Deeply emotionally intelligent, you can quickly read a room of stakeholders and adopt your delivery style and content quickly
- Confidence is key. Previous experience with a complex software product, ideally designing solutions and gathering requirements, you are comfortable communicating with technical and business subject matter experts
- Business challenge? Let me help. A passion for working at the intersection of technology and business problems - this role is always about delivering business impact for our customers through data
- You CAN see the needle in the haystack. As a trusted advisor to our clients you will be pivotal in spotting new opportunities where Fivetran could add even more value to our customers.
- Experience and acumen in multiple areas of modern technology and the modern data stack. This includes SQL expertise, knowledge of cloud data warehouses, cloud provider services (AWS, Google, Azure), ETL/ELT tools, data modeling/engineering, data science/machine learning, api consumption, scripting (python preferred), general networking knowledge and cloud SaaS applications (Zendesk, Salesforce, Marketo, etc…).
Perks of working with us!
- 100% paid Medical, Dental, Vision and Basic Life Insurance
- Flexible PTO
- 401k match program
- Pet Insurance -- and yes, you can bring your well-behaved fur babies to work
- Commuter Benefits to help with transit and parking costs
- Professional development and training opportunities
- Unlimited coffee, office snacks and frequent catered lunches
- Company happy hours and fun team building activities
Fivetran is part of an analytics data stack and the growing ecosystem of cloud based infrastructure companies.
After a five-minute setup, the software replicates data from applications, databases, events and files into a cloud data warehouse.
The company began with a realization: for modern companies using cloud-based software and storage, traditional ETL tools badly underperformed, and the complicated configurations they required often led to project failures. To streamline and accelerate business intelligence projects, Fivetran developed automated connectors that come with ready-to-query schemas and effortlessly deliver data into modern, high-performance warehouses.