Technical Success Manager at Matillion
Nailing the landing
- Establishing strong account alignment with sales as customers come onboard to ensure a smooth transition from pre to post-sales.
- Quickly building a joint success plan with named customers to accelerate consumption and drive achievement of business outcomes.
- Managing key implementation milestones to ensure customers achieve rapid time to first value and become sticky, engaged customers for life.
Driving retention and expansion
- Managing a book of Enterprise customers, driving account health, renewal, and revenue growth.
- Driving feature adoption and usage expansion of Matillion products across named customer organizations.
- Evangelizing new product features & providing customer feedback to Matillion’s Product team.
- Adapting quickly to product changes and limitations, helping customers find solutions and adaptations that work for them.
Building long term relationships
- Building trusted relationships with customers, helping them recognize the value of their investment, and ensuring their objectives are met.
- Through proactive customer engagement, uncovering customer needs and new stakeholders, anticipating risks, identifying opportunities, and collaborating with Sales, Solutions, Product, or other departments to protect and grow your accounts.
Cross functional collaboration
- Contributing to Customer Success playbooks and resources, in order to ensure we are engaging the right customers at the right time in the right way.
- Acting as a Matillion liaison for customer questions, issues, and escalations, working with Matillion Support, Product Management, Engineering, and other teams as needed to ensure customer success.
What we are looking for - Essential Skills
- 5-7+ years of experience in Success Management or a related function, with direct customer advocacy and engagement experience in post-sales functions (success management, technical support, professional services).
- ETL or Data Integration experience involving SQL.
- Hands-on experience delivering solutions using one of the MPP databases: Redshift, Snowflake, BigQuery, Teradata, Netezza or Azure SQL Data Warehouse.
- Knowledge of one or more of the cloud computing platforms: AWS, GCP, or Azure
- Experience driving successful onboarding projects
- Experience driving successful partnerships with sales teams on renewal and expansion strategies.
- Master at managing a backlog of customer CTAs, balancing a complex set of needs across an ever-evolving book of business.
- An appreciation of the Matillion deployment stack: Linux, Bash, Tomcat, Postgres, MongoDB, SQL
- Python or Java knowledge
- Network security fundamentals
- Experience with the software development lifecycle, under different project management styles
Personal Capabilities Required, e.g. skills, attitude, strengths
- Ability to travel up to 25% (Post Covid)
- Strong interpersonal, presentation, and communication skills
- An intersection of technical skill and first-class customer communication
- A self-confessed technology geek, with the ability to talk for hours about all things “data”.
- Ability to draw out and understand a customer’s unique technical requirements and business goals
- Analytical and problem-solving skills