Technical Specialist Principal - Vibration at Ball Aerospace
Clearance Requirement: A current, active TS/SCI security clearance is required.
Powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most.
We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
The Operations Strategic Support Unit plays a fundamental role in enabling efficient business and program execution – from technologies and investments to supply chain, manufacturing and test operations, facilities management, and information technology services.
Technical Specialist Principal - Vibration
You will be responsible for conducting Vibration tests for state-of-the-art aerospace products. The candidate will be responsible for performing tests, capturing and analyzing data and reviewing program provided test procedures to ensure customer requirements are met. These requirements will be compared to lab capabilities to identify gaps and collaborate to close them prior to arrival of the unit under test.
What You’ll Do:
- Responsible for conducting Vibration tests within the Test Operations Department.
- Work with internal and external customers and will be the responsible Test Conductor for testing state of the art aerospace products, understanding test requirements, facility capabilities, equipment capabilities and fundamentals of Vibration test operations.
- Work with a team of Test Engineers, Design Engineers, Manufacturing Engineers, Hardware Quality Engineers, Inspectors, and Technicians.
- Develop test engineering documentation (e.g. plans, procedures and reports) and present test results to internal and external customers.
- Engineer and lead process improvement initiatives and capital programs to build and maintain a world class test facility.
- Proactively work with internal customers to understand test requirements.
- Provide advanced instruction and training on specialized procedures and techniques to other employees and may develop processes and procedures essential for departmental compliance.
- Define new equipment needs, forward vision and plan development.
- Ensure the testability of hardware designs and procedures.
- Follow standard procedures, applies knowledge and skills to current, routine tasks.
- Effective communications and regular interaction with higher level management and customers.
- Make continuous improvement suggestions, participate in and lead projects.
- Assimilate diverse data and recommend actions to drive technical solutions to complex problems.
- Review and accurately interpret schematics, drawings, specifications and procedures for completeness and compliance to test requirements.
- Maintain electronic build records, required logs, records and reports in accordance with BATC policies / Procedures and government regulations.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- High School diploma or equivalent plus 18 years or more related experience or a related 2-year technical degree and 16 years or more related experience.
- Each higher-level related degree, i.e., Bachelor’s or Master’s, may substitute for two years of related experience. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Knowledge of data acquisition systems and vibration control systems.
- Workable knowledge of MS Office.
- Knowledge of IDEAS, MATLAB, Agile and IFS preferred.
- Anomaly resolution experience and ability to troubleshoot such anomalies.
- Ability to review engineering orders for completeness, compatibility, producability, and correctness.
- Must be able to work cross organizationally with process shareholders
- Power amplifier and shaker maintenance experience highly desired.
- Knowledge of data acquisition and storage schemes.
- Knowledge of metrology and utilization of calibrated equipment.
- Experience working with program critical hardware.
- Will be required to obtain company certifications.
- Work is performed in an office environment, laboratory, cleanroom, or production floor.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Verification that your current security clearance or government customer access meets the requirement for this position will be required.
Relocation for this position is not available.
Compensation & Benefits:
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $41.83 - $56.49 per hour (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- For RFT/RPT Jobs: This position includes a competitive benefits package. For details, copy and paste https://bit.ly/3pNSnxv into your browser or visit our careers site.
US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.