Powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most.
We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
The Operations Strategic Support Unit plays a fundamental role in enabling efficient business and program execution – from technologies and investments to supply chain, manufacturing and test operations, facilities management, and information technology services.
Technical Specialist I – SMT
What You’ll Do:
- Fabricate highly reliable Aerospace PWB (PCB) assemblies for Flight and non-Flight applications.
- Pre form and lead form components using both automated and manual equipment.
- Program and operate equipment including but not limited to pick and place, screen printing. selective soldering, AOI, SPI, reflow, press fit insertion and PWB cleaning.
- Create reflow profiles for oven and rework equipment.
- Perform other duties assisting with PWB assembly as required by management.
- Operate automated and manual SMT rework equipment.
- Audit/verify kits on manufacturing floor for accuracy and completeness.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- High School diploma or equivalent plus 12 years or more related experience or a related 2-year technical degree and 10 years or more related experience.
- Each higher-level related degree, i.e., Bachelor’s or Master’s, may substitute for two years of related experience. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- SMT experience preferred.
- Ability to read and interpret drawings, bills of materials and complex assembly instructions in order to assemble PWBs.
- A comprehensive knowledge of all aspects the SMT process and solder/soldering.
- Must be able to obtain or be currently certified to: IPC/WHMA-A-610; Electrostatic Discharge (ESD) in accordance with ANSI S20.20; and Polymerics use and application.
- Aerospace, clean room and flow bench and experience working with critical Flight hardware preferred.
- Willingness to cross-train with other tasks across the organization.
- Ability to work complex processes efficiently with little supervision.
- Ability to work in a lab/production environment majority of the time.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of program personnel and management.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Office (including Excel, Outlook, and Word).
- Work is performed in an office environment, laboratory, cleanroom, or production floor.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Relocation for this position is not available.
Compensation & Benefits:
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $31.25 - $42.55 per hour (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. Click here to learn more.
US CITIZENSHIP MAY BE REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.