Technical Specialist Associate at Ball Aerospace
Powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most.
We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
The Engineering Strategic Support Unit comprises the organizational talent and technical leadership that enables the successful delivery of high-impact discriminating technologies for our customers' missions. Our collaborative, cross-functional teams are committed to innovation, integrity, continual learning and strong execution.
Technical Specialist Associate
Oversee the efficient execution of the ESTE program operations support lab. Serve as a single point of contact for program and Capital hardware fabrication issues within the ESTE organization.
What You'll Do:
- Verify outsourced rack builds match engineering documentation.
- Perform periodic maintenance on ESTE racks.
- Track recertification dates on ESTE racks and inform ESTE project engineering team of upcoming recertification needs.
- Track calibration dates of Auto-BOB sub-assemblies.
- Remove & route items requiring calibration to metrology.
- Reinstall and notify engineering team upon return.
- Maintain limited life material stock needed in lab for general operation. Notify production planning team of upcoming deficiencies.
- Maintain lab ESD workbenches by performing regular certification checks.
- Assign repair, assembly and recertification work to other technicians in the lab if needed to support efficient division of labor.
- Some training of other technicians on ESTE hardware best practices.
- Maintain certifications required for work on Electrical ESTE assemblies. (Mate/De-Mate IPC-620, Test Conductor, Clean Room, ESD, and other).
- Overtime as required.
- Prioritize and perform walkup program work in support of Integration & Test emergencies.
- Maintain a clean and orderly lab environment.
- Work with production planners and engineering team to resolve issues found during certifications.
- Assemble and clean plate arrangements for upcoming TVAC and EMI tests.
- Report status of tasks being worked and learn how to overcome obstacles that are preventing progress.
- Network with co-workers in order to understand the expertise of colleagues who can provide consultation for problem solving.
- Proactively identify and address areas for improvement to save schedule and cost when appropriate.
- Interact appropriately with others to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You'll Need:
- High School diploma or equivalent plus 10 years or more related experience or a related 2-year technical degree and 8 years or more related experience.
- Each higher-level related degree, i.e., Bachelor's or Master's, may substitute for two years of related experience. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Proficiency in Velocity & Agile
- Proficiency in one or more of the following MS Office products: Excel, Word, and/or Outlook
- Strong oral and written communicative skills and the ability to exercise them in a technical environment.
- Strong hands-on design and troubleshooting ability.
- Work is performed in an office environment, laboratory, cleanroom, or production floor.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Relocation for this position is not available.
Compensation & Benefits:
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $28.37 - $38.46 per hour (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. For details, copy and paste https://bit.ly/3pNSnxv into your browser or visit our careers site.
US CITIZENSHIP MAY BE REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.