Technical Procurement Administrator at Guild Education
Guild, the leading education benefits platform and one of Denver's fastest-growing startups, is increasing economic mobility for working adults in America and providing education and support to help every student survive and thrive in the economy of tomorrow. Our platform helps employers offer education as a benefit to their employees by connecting employers' workforces with our network of nonprofit universities and education institutions that focus on serving the needs of working adults. And, our team of retention coaches helps each employee navigate the path back to school, providing individualized support from day one through graduation. In order to accelerate our growth and achieve our mission to serve 1000s more students, we've raised over $70 million from top tier investors including Felicis Ventures, Bessemer Venture Partners, and Redpoint Ventures (among other social impact and VC partners!). Now, we’re looking to add a Technical Procurement Admin to the team.
As a Technical Procurement Admin, you’ll be a member of a growing autonomous IT team. You will be responsible for software management and procurement, invoicing, contract negotiation, tracking and managing IT assets, and assisting the team with sourcing new hardware. You’ll be a critical member of the team, as this role will be key in obtaining IT equipment and interacting with other departments to define and manage their SaaS needs.
A day in our open, collaborative workspace might look like:
- Manage and monitor all hardware inventory, software licensing, and all necessary hardware refresh, and renewal processes
- Manage computer (Apple & Windows), peripherals, software, and warranty purchases through Guild’s supplier network
- Analyze and audit IT assets on a cycled basis to ensure alignment with core business processes
- Identify methods for improving policies and processes for the overall life-cycle management process
- Work with the Accounting team to manage invoicing and reconciliation for SaaS and inventory purchases
- Assist with business cases/proposals and roadmap planning for current and new purchasing decisions
- Observe and track purchases, timely delivery, and receiving of appropriate items, maintain stock
- Manage licensing for SaaS tools used throughout the business
- Work with suppliers to negotiate material and order costs to obtain the best rates possible
- Support and maintain formal procurement policies, procedures, and expectations to ensure consistent and repeatable sustained productivity
- Assist with the creation and maintaining of documentation for internal tasks and procedures
In addition to reporting to the Director of IT, in this role, you will collaborate with other Guild leaders including the Director of Accounting and SVP of Engineering and more.
In this role, you’ll grow and expand your expertise by:
- Reporting directly to the Director of IT, you will have the opportunity to learn and grow your skills around systems, processes, networking knowledge, and advancement in technical troubleshooting
- Opportunities to learn networking, security, and other technical fundamentals
- Learning the ins and outs of Guild as you use your organizational, multitasking, and problem-solving skills in a fast-paced, intense and dynamic environment
You’ll know you’re successful by:
- A key part of this job is monitoring inventory stock. This includes observing whether the appropriate items have arrived and determining what needs to be reordered.
- Achieving established OKRs and expectations while demonstrating your passion for our mission - you'll receive ongoing feedback through your 1:1 meetings and go through bi-annual Structured Growth Conversations
- Utilizing your excellent interpersonal, communication and process management skills
- Bringing enthusiasm, flexibility, and patience to the role to a fast-paced, fun, and collaborative environment
Within your first 90 days you will:
- Familiarize yourself with our current processes and procedures to identify areas for growth and improvement
- Research Software and Asset Management Solutions
You’ll join a team:
- From diverse backgrounds – from traditional higher education to athletic coaches, to politicians, to startup leaders (and more!)
- Of learners & problem-solvers dedicated to our dual mission of changing education in America while building a successful, high-growth company
- Committed to building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive environment that you’d support every day
What you’ll add to Guild – as an individual and part of the broader team:
- Lover of documentation (reading and writing)
- Ability to communicate technical concepts to technical and non-technical audiences
- Detail-oriented with exceptional organizational skills
- Passion for our mission – Guild is pioneering a new path for education as a benefit in a complicated and regulated space – success means quickly and effectively adapting your expertise
- Experience in a startup or similar fast-paced environment where there are frequent changes and a need to demonstrate and act with a sense of urgency
- Something else? Wonderful, we’re curious to learn more about you!