Technical Operations Engineer at PlayerLync
The Technical Operations Engineer is responsible for supporting and maintaining all aspects of server and tablet technologies related to the PlayerLync solutions, deployments and upgrades, feature usability assistance and internal testing of new products (hardware and software). As a Technical Operations Engineer you will join the Operations team of a fast-paced, growing, Colorado-based startup. You will learn the technologies required to run and support an enterprise SaaS solution. You will have the opportunity to work and collaborate with industry leading organizations such as Chipotle, NFL teams, and Starbucks.
Must be willing to work an on-call, after hours support rotation with other members of the Operations Team. These are paid shifts.
- 4+ years of professional IT experience.
- A solid understanding of Apple iOS, Android OS, MacOS, Windows 10, Web Servers (IIS & Apache).
- 1-2 years experience administering Microsoft Operating Systems (Server 2012 R2, 2016, Windows 10).
- 1-2 years experience administering AWS Services (EC2, Route 53, S3, RDS, CloudWatch).
- A solid understanding of DNS, firewalls, and the OSI Model.
- Experience diagnosing and resolving technical support issues. For example, experience working a help desk or other technical support role.
- Experience troubleshooting Wi-Fi connectivity issues.
- Energetic attitude and be a team player.
- Great sense of humor.
- Passionate about customer service.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Loves technology and enjoys tinkering with hardware and software.
- Customer service orientation is key. On a daily basis you will collaborate with internal business partners, engineering teams, and other technology professionals.
- Deploys, upgrades and maintains the PlayerLync solution for customers.
- Provides timely assistance via telephone, ticketing system and email.
- Follows-through on support requests to resolution.
- Provides technical guidance to Jr. Support Engineers.
- Identifies and creates solutions to solve recurring problems.
- Authors and organizes detailed documentation regarding customer communications and troubleshooting.
- Respects and maintains privacy/security through courteous and professional interactions with PlayerLync customer organizations.
- Effectively communicates with the development and QA teams about features & defects.
- Contributes to the product enhancements, improvements, and partakes in internal discussions concerning customer feedback for improving and further expanding PlayerLync solutions and services.
- Participates in an on-call, after hours support rotation with other members of the PlayerLync Operations Team.
- Meets and exceeds performance in both personal and Team quarterly/annual projects and goals.
- Other duties as described.
- Experience working in retail, hospitality or other customer-facing job roles.
- Experience troubleshooting modern web technology stacks.
- Experience as a System Administrator.
- Experience creating automation scripts.
Who we are
PlayerLync is one of the most innovative enterprise mobile solutions on the market. We’re a growing, dynamic, team-oriented software company committed to providing the best in class product and service to our customers. Our enterprise software solution integrates mobile content distribution and management with e-learning, digital forms and daily operational performance tracking all in one universal solution. PlayerLync’s software is used by very high-profile companies to move massive amounts of files on and off devices efficiently, limiting the impact on network bandwidth while mobilizing millions of employees every day. In just a few years, our customer base has rapidly grown across multiple industries including professional sports franchises, top restaurant concepts, field services organizations, health care, and global retail companies.
* MUST provide a minimum of 3 (non-family member) professional references
* Salary range is annually DOE
* Additional compensation provided for on-call shifts