Technical Design Engineer
Zayo Group Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: ZAYO) provides communications infrastructure solutions, including fiber and bandwidth connectivity, colocation and cloud infrastructure to the world’s leading businesses. Customers include wireless and wireline carriers, media and content companies, cloud providers, finance and professional services and other large enterprises. Zayo provides customers with flexible solutions and self-service through Tranzact, an innovative online platform for managing and purchasing bandwidth.
The Technical Design Engineer is responsible for partnering with Sales and Service Delivery to provide high-level technical support on complex projects and customer solutions. The position is responsible for performing complex and diverse technical design activities. Responsible for managing the network design assignments, reject resolution, and effectively communicating with internal Service Delivery personnel on the progress of the order fulfillment. Technical Design Engineer also assists Management with new product rollouts and identifies complex design procedures.
- Partner with Engineering to ensure capacity and structure load timelines are meeting and exceeding customer requirements.
- Actively participate in post-sale activities as required. Attend large project internal and external kick-off meetings to provide technical advice and support.
- Support Service Delivery team members with the goal of raising the overall technical appreciation of Integra’s Advanced Products through consistent messaging and positive motivation.
- Ensure alignment of Service Delivery with Sales Engineering to avoid any order impediments in either technical design or associated paperwork as projects are submitted to Service Delivery.
- Act as a liaison between Service Delivery and the Repair organization to improve the quality of hand-off between organizations; resolve any areas of ambiguity so that the customer receives the best quality service from the company.
- Perform additional duties or projects as assigned.
- 5-7 years telecommunications and/or data networking experience.
- Completed coursework in a technical discipline. Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline or equivalent education, training and/or experience preferred.
- Understanding of VoIP protocols, SIP signaling, network QOS, IP routing, Ethernet switching (including 802.11q, 802.11p, 802.3af), and packet tagging mechanisms.
- Experience with hosted and cloud based applications and services.
- Requires the ability to meet inflexible deadlines and perform non-predictive multiple tasks.
- Computer skills including experience using spreadsheet, word-processing database programs and typing.
- Working knowledge of routers and other data hardware. Advanced knowledge of Data Networking and telecommunications, including understanding of basic bandwidth and services: DSO, DSL, T1, SONET, Ethernet, DWDM, TCP/IP. Experience with Routing protocols (OSPF, BGP, MPLS)
- Competitive compensation
- Excellent benefits including health, dental, vision, 401 (k), disability and life insurance
- Fitness membership discounts
- Generous paid time off policy including paid parental leave