Technical Customer Support Specialist
Wowza Media Systems is seeking a Technical Customer Support Specialist who is obsessed with customer success! Ideal candidates will have experience working with customers in the omni-channel, have a passion for technology, can follow process but also thrive in situations that require independent thought and troubleshooting skills.
As a Customer Support Rep for Wowza, you will join a global team of Support Engineers focused on customers successfully utilizing Wowza’s products and services.
What you will do:
- Assist customers via phone, email and chat
- Provide community support in Wowza.com forums
- Duplicate customer scenarios to validate errors
- Follow up and engage with customers
- Escalate issues when needed
- Share customer feedback and log feature requests
- Ensure SLA attainment
- Champion for customers and their best interests internally
Experience we'd love for you to have:
- 2+ years supporting external customers
- Strong problem-solving skills in the IT or technical service industry
- Prior experience working with a formal ticketing system
- Prior experience supporting customers via phone and chat
- Sense of urgency that goes along with SLA attainment
- Prior experience working remotely
- Ability to work non-traditional shifts as requested – evenings, weekends, holidays
Who We Are
Wowza Media Systems is a streaming software, cloud services, and hardware provider aimed at powering live streaming for today’s most innovative companies. We frequent Streaming Media’s list of Companies That Matter Most in Online Video and Readers’ Choice Awards, as well as Built in Colorado’s list of Best Medium Workplaces (with a 4.8 rating on Glassdoor).
Cofounders David Stubenvoll and Charlie Good first set out to create cool stuff with like-minded people in 2005. In the fourteen years that have followed, Wowza’s become the gold standard for streaming. One third of content delivery networks (CDNs) have Wowza’s technology built in and more that 24,000 organizations across the globe power their streaming with Wowza.
With adoption rates exploding, use cases proliferating, and video quality increasing, the streaming industry’s influence on everyday life continues to grow. And when it comes to live video, one thing rings true: If you can dream it, the experts at Wowza can help you build it.
Why Work for Wowza
Wowza’s global team is headquartered in the foothills of Colorado, with plenty of parking and where the deer, elk, and buffalo roam. Generous PTO and paid holidays, a healthy work-life-balance, and a 401K that vests immediately are among the many reasons we love working here.
The tight-knit crew benefits from a dog-friendly workplace, unlimited snacks, catered lunches, holiday parties, and more. Employees are encouraged to take ownership of their role with limited oversight — and coworkers are happy to help one another out.
Wowza’s team also works to connect the larger community with our passion for tech. From live-streaming graduation ceremonies for local high schools to participating in events like SheTech, employees are able to cultivate the same creative energy that first brought the company to life.
Wowza Media Systems is an equal opportunity employer, committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment for all people to thrive in.