Technical Business Analyst at Prologis
Prologis is the global leader in logistics real estate. We own, manage and develop high-quality properties in the world’s most vibrant centers of commerce, approximately 771 million square feet in 19 countries. Some of the world’s largest brands (e.g., Amazon, BMW, DHL, FedEx, Pepsi) turn to us because they know an efficient supply chain will make their businesses run better, and a strategic relationship with Prologis will create competitive advantage. As the top ranked U.S. company and sixth overall among the Global 100 Most Sustainable Corporations in the World, we take our global footprint seriously.
Technical Business Analyst
Do you want to play a role in global commerce?
Prologis is looking for a Technical Business Analyst with in depth experience solving problems at the convergence of technology and business. The ideal analyst will be able to work with both the business and technical teams to distill complex and fluctuating business requirements into detailed and precise designs for development, while remaining flexible and open to new ideas and frequent changes. Collaboration is paramount, every day, our Analysts work with Engineering, Product Owners & System Architects worldwide to help drive the development of our products.
Each day, we are finding new ways to strengthen our culture by promoting creativity, innovation and growth of our colleagues. Our purpose is to help customers grow and support their business, and we’re wildly passionate and committed to achieving that goal. So, if you’re looking to make an immediate impact at a company that welcomes bold and diverse thinking, come join us!
What’s needed in order to do that:
- Work with Product team to translate business and functional requirements into API User Stories.
- Work with Development team to translate high level requirements into detailed user stories.
- Apply product management, industry, and market expertise to brainstorm and create additional use-cases.
- Make product roadmap recommendations working collaboratively with the product owners .
- Prioritize work and make strategic decisions on cutting or adding features during the development cycle.
- Contribute to API testing phases when requirement decisions must be made.
- Own all API documentation including documents for developer support, security, marketing, and training as needed.
- Stay on top of the latest developments in the API ecosystem and distill that knowledge into solid long-term investments.
- Work with key stakeholders to identify and prioritize product enhancements.
- Work with Architects and Developers to help define size, scope and nature of technical debt stories.
- Assist with planning and prioritizing product feature backlog and development for the product.
- Assess value, develop cases and prioritize stories, epics and themes to ensure work focuses on those with maximum value that are aligned with product strategy.
- Provide vision and direction to the Agile Development team and stakeholders throughout the project and create requirements.
Tell us if you’re ready.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Engineering, Computer Science, or a related field or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of experience in software business systems analysis and design.
- 2+ years of designing, programming, testing, or supporting APIs (though no API programming will be required for this specific role).
- 2+ years of experience with Agile process and principles.
- Expertise with API development and general IT technology and SDLC experience, as well as sound business acumen.
- Experience with HTTP APIs and RESTful web services design patterns.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, presentation and leadership skills.
- High attention to detail and visual presentation.
- Excellent leadership and relationship building skills.
- Strong communicator and storyteller, engaging with your audience on a personal level.
- Persistent, rational and possess the ability to put facts above speculation.
- Have provided direction and feedback directly to engineering teams for product requirements and implementation.
As an added plus!
- Demonstrated success building out an API platform as a product.
- Domain knowledge of the commercial real-estate industry.
- Excellent presentation skills and comfortable presenting complex information to senior leadership.
- Ability to teach others the art of designing product APIs.
- Keep abreast with Agile/Scrum best practices and new trends.
- Experience with Microservice patterns.
- Experience with Swagger/OpenAPI specification.
- Experience with Atlassian suite of tools.
Each of us working at Prologis plays an essential role in the enduring success of our company. We value people who are decisive, courageous and adaptable. While we are one company, locations and departments operate with autonomy and accountability. Individuals take the initiative here.
When you join Prologis, you work shoulder to shoulder with some of the top talent in the industry to do the best work of your career. Every employee belongs. Every employee contributes. Employees advance their careers here.
As a successful global enterprise, Prologis has never lost sight of what matters most, our strong belief that our people are the most important part of our business. And because of that, we provide a generous total rewards package and take a lot of time to focus on quality management and leadership development. People come first here.
All job offers are contingent upon successful completion of drug screen and background verification. Prologis is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religions, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.