Matillion is data transformation for cloud data warehouses. We are a company with all 5-star customer product reviews on AWS Marketplace and all 5-star employee reviews on Glassdoor. Matillion is dual-headquartered in Manchester, UK and Denver, Colorado and we are expanding the teams across all functions globally.
As a company we are confident without arrogance, customer obsessed and care about our people and communities. With rapid growth for 2020, we are looking for people to join Matillion who share our integrity, drive, and passion.
Matillion’s Technical Authors research, design, create and maintain advanced customer-facing articles with a focus on in-depth guides and blogs concerning technical tasks common to cloud-based ETL users.
Key areas of responsibility below
Maintenance and updating of documentation
- Ensure - by fact-checking, review and response to feedback - that all documentation is up-to-date and correct.
- Preparing updates in concurrence with the product development cycle so as to deliver up-to-date documentation immediately upon new releases.
Authoring digital content
- The creation of new customer-facing documentation and technical articles to be displayed on the product support sites.
- Working with other teams to understand customer needs and devising content to answer those needs.
- Both via the CMS (Salesforce) and via source code of the product (via Mercurial).
Research of new concepts
- Coordinating with product and support team members to understand customer use-cases for product features.
- Independent understanding of 3rd party services and how they can be used within the product.
- Understanding contemporary ETL practices and devising new content to address these.
- Working toward content deadlines and ensuring your own progress toward set goals.
- Coordinating with other technical authors and content creators to prioritise immediate tasks and establish a list of essential tasks for upcoming releases.
- Independently prioritising and taking ownership of upcoming tasks.
Organization and bookkeeping
- Contributing to the structuring of documentation tasks via responsible use of JIRA (ticketing system).
- Working with Marketing teams to keep customers informed of technical improvements and additions to the product.
Essential skills required
- Experience programming in Python.
- Experience working with Cloud Platforms - particularly AWS, GCP, Azure.
- Experience using popular cloud-based databases such as Redshift, BigQuery or Snowflake.
- Experience working with SQL, especially in an ETL context.
- Experience authoring blogs or guides on cloud computing practices.
- Experience working with Software-As-A-Service (SAAS)
- Experience working to a deadline and within a multidisciplinary team.
- Experience with media-creation software such as video and image editors.
- Experience using Salesforce as a CMS (Salesforce Preferred).
- Experience in writing public-facing material of a didactic nature.
- Use of JIRA to track work requests
Find out more about Matillion
Our purpose-built data transformation products for Amazon Redshift, Google BigQuery, and Snowflake are trusted by over 500+ businesses all over the world, including GE, Siemens, Converse and Citrix, making us an industry leader. Businesses are generating more data than ever before, across a variety of source systems. They need new and more efficient ways of consolidating and transforming your data sources in order to make better, more informed decisions and in turn, gain competitive advantage. Matillion helps businesses of all sizes handle the variety, volume, and velocity of their data, by transforming data across various sources into cloud data warehouses.
When we hire at Matillion, we hire people not roles. We are interested in growing our team whilst protecting our culture, with dedicated and passionate individuals who share our values. The Matillion values are the same across all roles, functions, and geographies.
1. We are Confident without Arrogance: We take pride in what we do but we stay humble.
2. We work with Integrity: We have a strong moral compass; we are transparent, and we hold ourselves accountable.
3. We are Customer Obsessed: We will always go above and beyond, to listen to, acknowledge and value our customers.
4. We Innovate and Demand Quality: We believe no product, process or individual is finished.
5. We have a Bias for Action: We get things done...in a considered way
6. We Care about our People and our Communities: We treat people how we would like to be treated
We are keen to hear from prospective employees, so please apply and a member of our People Operations team will be in touch!