We're on a mission to build the best platform in the world for engineers to understand and scale their systems, applications, and teams. We operate at high scale—trillions of data points per day—allowing for seamless collaboration and problem-solving among Dev, Ops and Security teams globally for tens of thousands of companies. Our engineering culture values pragmatism, honesty, and simplicity to solve hard problems the right way.
The Business Systems team collaborates with and supports decentralized business system owners throughout Datadog. The team helps automate processes, integrate systems, improve processes and ensure business systems adhere to Datadog’s security and compliance requirements.
As the Team Lead for the Business Systems team, you will be responsible for hiring, growing and managing a global team of architects, analysts and developers. You will help set the team strategy and roadmap, provide guidance, and serve as a point of escalation. You will build strong relationships across the organization in order to advance the team’s mission.
- Manage, mentor and recruit for the Business Systems team
- Help create the strategy, roadmap and quarterly goals
- Be a critical part of the software procurement process, ensuring only the best systems are purchased
- Learn how business systems currently function and how they are used within Datadog. Use this knowledge to identify gaps and areas for improvement
- Integrate disparate systems using middleware as well as custom solutions built by the team
- Ensure business systems adhere to Datadog security and compliance standards including SOC 2 and Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX)
- Facilitate a culture of innovation through new software, systems and programs
- Create and update policies, standards and procedures
- Be hands-on when necessary
- At least seven years experience in IT or similar technical role
- At least three years owning business systems such as Workday, Salesforce or NetSuite
- Experience supporting compliance frameworks including SOC 2 and Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX)
- Experience building and maintaining integrations between SaaS business systems
- Experience architecting complex solutions
- Strong problem solving & technical skills
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- You are fascinated by the way things work and love to learn
- You want to work in a fast, high growth startup environment
Why You Should Apply:
- Generous and competitive global and US benefits
- New hire stock equity (RSUs) and employee stock purchase plan
- Continuous career development and pathing opportunities
- Product training to develop an in-depth understanding of our product and space
- Best in breed onboarding
- Internal mentor and buddy program cross-departmentally
- Friendly and inclusive workplace culture
In accordance with the Colorado Equal Pay Transparency Rule (“EPT”)
At Datadog, we are committed to providing competitive pay and benefits that are in line with industry standards. We analyze and carefully consider several factors when determining compensation, including your work history and professional experience. These considerations potentially can cause your compensation to vary. The Team Lead, Business Systems has an annual starting salary of $65,000.00, and a competitive equity package. The actual pay may be higher depending on your skills, qualifications, and experience. In addition, Datadog offers a wide range of employee benefits. To learn more about Benefits click here.
Equal Opportunity at Datadog:
Datadog is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and is proud to offer equal employment opportunity to everyone regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, and more. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Any information you submit to Datadog as part of your application will be processed in accordance with Datadog’s Applicant and Candidate Privacy Notice.