Tableau Administrator - Remote at FIS
Position Type :
Type Of Hire :
Experienced (relevant combo of work and education)
Education Desired :
Bachelor of Computer Engineering
Travel Percentage :
Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you’ll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
About the team
The Data Technology Services team is a fast-paced agile team that is building a next generation, cloud-native data intelligence platform. The team makes use of the latest technologies and development methodologies and values communications, contribution, integrity, a can-do mindset, fun, and a relentless focus on results.
At FIS, data is at the core of everything we do. We thrive in an environment where teamwork and transparency are valued. Innovation is powered by perspective, collaboration and respect for each other which lead to customer delight in our products. We seek to elevate each other and work hard at doing the right thing. Our team members serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals. We are hyper-focused to influence the industry with game changing insights from our fastest growing asset – DATA!
We are looking for a great visualization platform administrator that want to be part of an outstanding team that is looking for an exciting yet challenging opportunity
What you will be doing
Our ideal candidate can seamlessly mesh tech know-how with business acumen to help navigate all our visualization needs, including application design, maintenance, support and planning, and everything in between. You are experienced in visualization solutioning, with a firm grasp of cloud visualization solution, platforms and applications, and have intimate knowledge of how best to customize these attributes to business need to drive security and efficiency. You help connect the dots and evolve visualization strategy by keeping an eye on developments that can support our cloud expansion—and help in implementing the same. The ideal candidate will enjoy working as a member of a team and effectively work with different technical teams to pull together a unified approach to managing BI application.
- Architect stable Tableau solution guaranteed for high operational availability /performance
- Set up repositories, users and security management
- Install and upgrade Tableau server, managing licensing, backing-up of server, adding and managing nodes in cluster.
- Manage security and authentication [Including SSL]
- Work with all features of Tableau – Data Sources, Extracts, Variety of Data Visualizations
- Program Rest API to manage users/workbooks, data connections and other resources on the server.
- Present product reviews, project plans and provide guidance on next steps with the customer.
- Develop support plans that recognize the customer’s priorities, challenges, initiatives, and potential areas for improvement.
- Use independent judgment and technical expertise to identify, document, and report issues with design, reliability, and maintenance.
- Provide proactive technical support and clearly communicate procedural and status updates in complex and often critical customer environment
What you bring:
- Master’s degree in Computer Science or bachelor’s degree with equivalent IT experience and/or training
- Hands on experience as a BI application Administrator performing Installation, upgrading, monitoring, debugging, tuning and capacity planning
- Tableau application administration experience
- Experience driving at least on major BI application implementation for an organization larger than 1000 users
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and work collaboratively across functions
- Strong understanding of Agile Principles (Scrum)
- Experience working in a distributed and heterogeneous computing environment, specifically Linux
- Demonstrated experience in working with relational (and/or hierarchical) , big data databases
- Strong awareness of networking and internet protocols, including TCP/IP, DNS, SMTP, HTTP and distributed networks.
- Experience with cloud platforms such as AWS
- Strong client facing communication skills
- Proficiency in solutions design and requirements definition disciplines leveraging model driven design-based tools and techniques including conceptual solution component models, business process models, use cases, etc.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills to technical and non-technical audiences of various levels in the organization, e.g., executive, management, individual contributors
- Excellent analytical, decision-making, problem-solving, team and time management skills
- Ability to persuade and influence others on the best approach to take
- Ability to estimate work effort for project sub-plans or small projects and ensure the project is successfully completed
- Positive outlook, strong work ethic and responsive to internal and external customers and contacts
- Willingly and successfully fulfills the role of teacher, mentor and coach
Added bonus if you have:
- Experience working in the financial industry
- Experience working with visualization development using data sources such as big data/Hadoop /Snowflake
What we offer you
- A multifaceted job with a high degree of responsibility and a broad spectrum of opportunities
- A modern, international work environment and a dedicated and motivated team
- A competitive salary and benefits
- A variety of career development tools, resources and opportunities
- The chance to work on some of the most challenging, relevant issues in financial services & technology
- Time to support charities and give back in your community
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.