Systems Security Administrator at KPA
| Greater Boulder Area
Sorry, this job was removed at 11:10 a.m. (MST) on Wednesday, June 2, 2021
KPA (www.kpa.io) is a leading provider of EHS (Environmental Health & Safety) SaaS software, online training, and consulting services. KPA’s innovative software platform delivers the visibility and actionable insight necessary for organizations to proactively mitigate operational, regulatory and compliance-related risks – helping achieve regulatory compliance; control risk; protect assets; and effectively train, retain, and manage people.
Come join our team of talented professionals and work with a company that appreciates and rewards people who make a difference.
As a member of the Technology team, the Security Systems Administrator will assist with the support of internal employees and play a crucial role in planning, implementing, maintaining, and securing high quality, highly scalable infrastructure for KPA’s Software as a Service (SaaS) products. The ideal candidate will have strong troubleshooting skills, experience with security best practices and supporting multiple development stacks, and function well within service level agreements and change management processes.
- Installation, configuration and troubleshooting of security solutions such as AV/EDR, SIEM, DLP, O365 ATP, SOAR, IPS, Netflow, Vulnerability Management
- Provide updates, optimization and maintenance of security systems and appliances to ensure maximum availability
- Conduct incident response and event analysis using defined playbooks
- Interface with members across IT to deploy security solutions and configure secure system configurations
- Perform basic investigative searches and reporting using LogDNA or similar tool
- Proactively assess areas of potential risk or vulnerability and deliver recommendations to the management team
- Assist in applying solutions and controls to meet security compliance requirements
- Engage third-party vendors for support and best practices of security solutions
- Maintain security runbooks, policies, asset inventory, network diagrams, and contact lists
- Assist the IT team with helpdesk tickets within established Service Level Agreements (SLA) and serve as an escalation point for team members
Required Skills and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Cybersecurity, Computer Science, or IT related discipline or equivalent work experience
- CompTIA Security+, SANS, GIAC, Offensive Security, or CISSP certifications preferred
- Generally 3+ years of professional experience in Information Technology roles such as workstation/server administration, help desk, network support, application support
- Generally 1+ years of professional experience in Cloud Hosting (IaaS / PaaS); Microsoft Azure and Amazon Web Services preferred, general database technologies, and Microsoft Office 365
- Strong competency with security incident response and/or forensics
- Experience in Linux and Windows system administration, troubleshooting, and secure configuration
- Experience with network security devices such as firewalls, Intrusion Detection/Prevention, web application firewalls, Wireless Intrusion Prevention, Vulnerability Management and SIEM tools
- Knowledge of security architecture, security policies and procedures, and best practices
- Knowledge of system, application, and network security attacks and mitigation techniques
- Knowledge of networking concepts, technologies, and protocols
- Able to multitask, prioritize, and track time efficiently
- Desire to learn and continually improve self and others though knowledge sharing
- Work ethic that corresponds with KPA’s core values: Integrity, Helpful, Excellence, Agile, Respectful, and Teamwork
- Annual Salary Between $110k-$140k
- Annual Bonus up to 10%
We are passionate about what we do, how we do and why we do it. Our culture is driven by the KPA core values – Integrity, Helpful, Excellence, Agile, Respectful, and Teamwork. Success will be determined by the capabilities, energy and character of the people we bring into our organization and the performance they achieve.
KPA, with headquarters in Colorado and teammates throughout the United Sates, is recognized as one of Colorado's Best Places to Work 2021 by Built In Colorado.
“To be ranked so highly in Built In’s Best Places to Work Awards is a recognition of KPA’s dedication to creating a team of outstanding professionals and our efforts to create a positive and safe workplace culture for everyone,” said Chris Fanning, KPA President and CEO. “I believe we’ve developed a high caliber organization comprised of passionate people who are experts in their respective fields and deliver great value to our customers.”
As a growing company KPA values its employees by supporting them with a full benefits package including:
- Medical (both PPO and HDHP plans available)
- Flexible Spending Account or Health Savings Account (dependent on medical plan)
- Paid Time Off increasing with tenure
- Paid Holidays and floating holidays
- 401(k) match with immediate vesting
- No-cost Basic Life and AD&D Insurance
- Short- and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Pet Insurance
KPA is committed to providing equal opportunity in all of our employment practices, including selection, hiring, promotion, transfer, and compensation, to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, religion, religious dress/grooming, color, ethnicity, sex (including sex stereotyping), sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, creed, uniform service member status, military or veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, breast-feeding and/or pregnancy-related conditions, age, protected medical condition, leave status, physical or mental disability, genetic characteristics, or any other legally-protected status in accordance with the requirements of all federal, state and local laws.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at [email protected]
Read Full Job Description