Systems Engineering Lead at Mercury Healthcare
As a Systems Engineering Lead on the Healthgrades’ team, you will enable infrastructure for critical business operations and strategic product platforms. This role requires a high level of expertise in server administration, automation, infrastructure design and optimization, security, network services, and technical operations, with a desire to drive continuous improvements.
You will join a highly collaborative, cohesive, high-performing Systems Engineering team with cross functional expertise, focused on enabling product platforms and business operations while delivering high quality systems.
What you will do:
- Design, build, benchmark, and deploy highly performant on-premise and cloud infrastructure, including hardware, software, configuration automation, and operational tools
- Provide oversight to the Systems team’s delivery of system design and optimization
- Identify repeat issues and engineer solutions to prevent them from reoccurring
- Define and implement lifecycle management to sustain highly available and reliable infrastructure
- Provide rapid response while continuously improving infrastructure to perform administration and automation within multiple environments, preventing repeat business-impacting issues
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams and handle escalated issues within the team
What you will bring:
- 8+ years’ experience engineering Windows & Linux operating systems, as well as building and optimizing VMWare images and/or VM clusters
- Strong knowledge in backup and recovery tools such as CommVault and other backup solutions
- Experience with cloud infrastructure management (AWS/Azure), domain management, key & secret management, and network authentication services
- Experience monitoring and logging for Server OS, CPU, Memory, Disk, and Network, as well as managing Enterprise Storage platforms such as Pure Storage, Compellent, and EMC
- Ability to implement and optimize system monitoring, logging, alerting, and notifications
- Experience coaching and mentoring peers and other co-workers on policies, processes, and standard practices
- Strong communication and collaboration skills and a desire to work with a team
- Ability to implement company IT security policies
- Site Reliability Engineering approach
- Bonus: AWS/cloud certification and/or security certifications
At Healthgrades, we recognize that our people drive our greatest achievements. We are passionate about maintaining a fulfilling, rewarding and high-energy work environment while setting the stage for your continued success.
- Meaningful Work – empowering consumers with data to make the right healthcare decisions for themselves and their families
- Changing the Game – dynamic culture with career advancement opportunities
- Community Builders – partners of local charity organizations, Go-Green efforts and wellness initiatives
- Robust Perks – generous PTO, inclusive healthcare, learning & development programs, 401k contributions, tuition repayment, family planning resources & more!