Four Winds Interactive provides software and services to deliver visual content to digital signs, interactive kiosks, and video walls.
The Systems Engineer works with FWI customers to implement a digital signage network which includes FWI’s hardware, software, server infrastructure, and integrations to external data, images or video. The System Engineer will install, configure, and troubleshoot the software components, and validate the final signage implementation.
This position requires strong Windows desktop and server deployment experience, network skills, and technical troubleshooting skills. The Systems Engineer will be responsible for managing multiple concurrent implementations directly with customers, so experience working in technical customer-facing roles on projects or accounts is required.
The Systems Engineer is not a management position. All applicants must be authorized to work in the United States.
- Gather requirements from clients for the IT infrastructure of the signage network.
- Work with clients to make recommendations, and document the signage solution.
- Perform on-site or remote implementation of FWI products into customer environments.
- Set up data integrations to external customer systems.
- Perform Final QA and troubleshooting of installed and deployed solutions.
- Deliver technical training sessions for client IT staff.
- Manage multiple implementations simultaneously per FWi predefined processes.
- Maintain timely documentation per FWi processes.
- Travel up to 50% throughout the US.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Skills & Experience:
- 1-2 years of experience collaborating with large customer IT Teams to design, document implement and troubleshoot solutions.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Experience with Word, PowerPoint, Visio.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Advanced network and PC troubleshooting.
- Experience with computer networking concepts such as TCP/IP, routing, security, etc.
- Experience working with PC hardware.
- Experience with Windows Server installation and administration.
- Experience installing and configuring software applications (attended and unattended).
- Experience with relational databases, SQL queries, and SQL server management.
- Familiarity with scripting batch files and Visual Basic.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- B.A. /B.S. in IT-related field (Computer Science, Computer Applications, Computer Engineering, Information Technology, Telecommunications, etc.) preferred
- Experience with large format LCD/LED displays and video wall configurations.
- Experience with IPTV and video streaming.
- Experience delivering customer training.
- Experience with iPad, Windows and Android tablets and devices.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status