We are growing and looking for a Systems Administrator in our Urbandale, IA office. The Systems Administration role is focused on support of existing data center infrastructure and automation of infrastructure, “Infrastructure as code” in our AWS cloud environment. The role continues to focus on “innovation” through re-factoring, improvements in architecture, productivity, efficiency, and cost reduction, leveraging advanced and innovative 3rd party and AWS services.
We are about trust, accountability and excellence. These are key values that drive us on a daily basis. We promote success and failure, accepting that what we learn is equally important to our success. We are passionate about teamwork and collaboration which allows us to create an engaging and fulfilling environment.
- You will be a key team member to build and implement infrastructure that supports our corporate systems and services
- You will create software that defines our cloud environments (configuration mgmt., infrastructure)
- You will define and implement monitoring and metrics that helps improve our systems
- You will help our engineers and developers become more efficient through process and technology
- You will support the existing data center infrastructure and continue to innovate and optimize our AWS cloud infrastructure
- Some background and familiarity with infrastructure operations support including storage and backup systems, email / Office 365, and web applications
- Team player who can execute (do), mentor (teach) and be mentored (learn)
- Effective troubleshooting and problem-solving from incident to resolution and root cause
- Willing to participate in a low-volume on call rotation supporting our websites and shared services
- Background in software development (or a desire to learn) to support software in production environments. Operating system performance, authentication, networking and AWS optimization are just a few of the things you’ll be a part of.
- BS degree in Computer Science/Engineering, a related field or equivalent experience
Preferred Skills, Experiences and Attributes
- Use, administration and support of Linux / Windows / VMware / DNS / AD / Office 365
- Use, administration and support of storage and backup systems
- Use or administration experience of monitoring tools Check_MK, AppDynamics, CloudWatch
- Use or administration experience of Splunk (log monitoring tool)
- Use or administration experience of Atlassian suite (Bamboo, Bitbucket, Confluence, Jira)
- Use or experience using code repositories (Git, Stash or Bitbucket)
- Coding of infrastructure automation tools (CloudFormation, Terraform)
- Coding of configuration management tools (Puppet, Chef, Ansible)
- Use, administration and support of AWS Services (EC2, ELB, EBS, EFS, IAM)
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
Reference, Background, and Credit Checks Required.