Systems Administrator- VMware at Alteryx
We’re looking for problem solvers, innovators, and dreamers who are searching for anything but business as usual. Like us, you’re a high performer who’s an expert at your craft, constantly challenging the status quo. You value inclusivity and want to join a culture that empowers you to show up as your authentic self. You know that success hinges on commitment, that our differences make us stronger, and that the finish line is always sweeter when the whole team crosses together.
Alteryx is searching for an Systems Adminstrator (VMware) based in our Broomfield, CO office. This position is remote-friendly.
To support our rapid growth and enable our 1800+ associates worldwide, Alteryx is adding a Systems Administrator to its IT team. As a Systems Administrator you would spearhead the planning, configuration, and implementation of best-in-class IT services to support and enable the growth of all our associates.
- Zealously promotes our 'Customer Centric' approach: 'working to be a part of our customer’s solutions'.
- Provide administration of VMware and underlying Infrastructure. Upgrade systems by coordinating with vendors; developing, testing, evaluating, and installing enhancements.
- Support 24x7 operations environment as part of an on-call rotation and up to 10% travel (ability to support off-hours, weekends, and holidays as needed)
- Identify opportunities for automation and assist with the development of automation systems to address those opportunities.
- Assist with research, planning and implementation of new Virtualization infrastructure and support ongoing projects.
- Create and maintain detailed and complete system documentation
- Utilize ticket tracking system to document all support incidents.
- Assist with system monitoring, reviewing logs, and verifying completion of scheduled tasks.
- Participation with maintaining inventory of hardware, software, and support assets.
- Participation in racking, cabling, and labeling of infrastructure.
- Demonstrated Customer Service & Troubleshooting skillsets
- The ability to balance and prioritize multiple projects and remain calm under pressure
- 2-3 Years of Virtualization experience including:
- Host Installation, Updates, Upgrades and Retirement
- Host CLI experience
- Creation, implementation, maintenance, and removal of Guest Templates
- Provisioning appropriate resources to Guests
- Distributed Resource Scheduler
- Load Balancing
- vMotion/Migrating VMs
- Host Profiles
- Permissions 2-3 Years of Backup and DR Experience.
- Understanding of protocols/technologies like HTTP, SSL, LDAP, SQL, NFS, SVN, and Git.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team on multiple overlapping projects.
- Solid problem solving and analytical skills.
- Desired Scripting & Automation Language Knowledge: PowerShell, Ansible, Python, Chef, and Puppet.
- A strong desire to work with new and upcoming technologies.
Alteryx is committed to fair and equitable compensation practices. The salary range for this role in Broomfield, CO is $60k to $95k. This position is also remote-friendly and, as such, compensation will ultimately be in line with the location in which the position is filled. Final compensation for this role will be determined by various factors such as a candidate’s relevant work experience, skills, certifications, and geographic location.
- This role is eligible for variable compensation including bonus and stock grants.
Find yourself checking a lot of these boxes but doubting whether you should apply? At Alteryx, we support a growth mindset for our associates through all stages of their careers. If you meet some of the requirements and you share our values, we encourage you to apply. As part of our ongoing commitment to a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace, we’re invested in building teams with a wide variety of backgrounds, identities, and experiences.
Benefits & Perks:
Alteryx has amazing benefits for all Associates which can be viewed here.