Position Type :
Type Of Hire :
Experienced (relevant combo of work and education)
Education Desired :
Travel Percentage :
Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you’ll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
About the team
Collaborative onsite desktop and server team supporting an international banking organization based in New York City This interesting and unique environment requires a solid foundation to understand and troubleshoot. Will need to be available for commuting or traveling into New York based on client need.
What you will be doing
In this role you will be responsible for providing desktop and network administration and support to our Managed Services clients while managing a group of Systems Administrators. You will drive a proactive administration and support strategy to our clients by performing both tactical and strategic network projects, administration, and support activities for new and existing clients within the financial services sector. This position is empowered to deliver both a responsive and enjoyable experience to our customers, while providing remote and on-site LAN/WAN management and engineering services.
Network Administration and Support
- Provides network administration and support for clients
- Installs, maintains and upgrades internal computer hardware and software systems
- Troubleshoots, diagnoses and resolves network/server issues
- Monitors network performance and security
- Controls user access and passwords
- Plans and implements moves, adds and changes
- Complete LAN management documentation
Desktop & Network Project Implementations
- Plans and implements desktop and network projects for managed services customers
- Performs project planning, scoping, testing and implementation
- Proposes and implements systems enhancements that will improve the reliability and performance of the system
- Assists with recommending, scheduling and implementing system hardware and/or software upgrades or repairs
- Researches, evaluates and recommends software and hardware products
- Manages a team of Systems Administrators
- Provides daily guidance and escalation support
- Coaching, mentoring and team development
- Installs, maintains and upgrades internal computer hardware and software systems used for designing and developing company products. Controls user access and passwords.
- Working with Airwatch MDM and full VMware solution
- Overseeing multidomain segmentation for complex international banking environment
- Change control, security and process driven troubleshooting for an international banking security platform with strict regulatory compliance
What you bring:
- 6+ years of professional experience with complex Data center level knowledge of VMWare
- Strong knowledge of implementing and utilizing remote network management and monitoring tools. (Patchlink, Solarwinds, Insight Manager, etc.)
- Experience configuring, implementing, and supporting Citrix Presentation Server/XenApp at the client and network level with an understanding of complex enterprise level environments
- Experience configuring, implementing, and supporting network operating systems: Windows 2008/2008R2/2012, Windows desktop operating systems, MS Office 2003/2007/2010, Outlook/Exchange, anti-virus, back-ups and other various desktop applications
- Experience supporting Citrix Presentation Server/XenApp at the client and network level
- Ability to travel and maintain a flexible work schedule
- Valid state driver's license and good driving record
- Support experience with Citrix Metaframe/XP, network back-up software, and desktop/network anti-virus software
- Support experience with BackOffice Applications is desired
- MCP/MCTS certification is highly desired
Added bonus if you have:
- CCNA certification
- VMware Certified
- Exchange Certified
- Preferred experience with SCCM
- Citrix Certified not required but would be a plus
What we offer you
- Attractive benefits including private medical cover, dental cover, and travel insurance
- A multifaceted job with a high degree of responsibility and a broad spectrum of opportunities
- A modern, international work environment and a dedicated and motivated team
- A variety of career development tools, resources and opportunities
- A work environment built on collaboration, flexibility and respect
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.