Systems Administrator II at Ball Aerospace (Greater Boulder Area, CO)
At Ball Aerospace, we care about the health and safety of our team members, their families and our communities. Ball Aerospace will comply with Executive Order 14042 and all team members will be required to provide proof of completed vaccination status as a condition of employment as stated within the Order, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations.
Powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most.
We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
The Operations Strategic Support Unit plays a fundamental role in enabling efficient business and program execution – from technologies and investments to supply chain, manufacturing and test operations, facilities management, and information technology services.
Systems Administrator II
We are seeking a Systems Administrator II with the focus of Microsoft Windows and VMware infrastructure experience including some Linux O.S. experience such as RedHat Enterprise or CentOS. In this role, the systems administrator will work on a team supporting program initiatives in secure, isolated computing environments. The systems administrator will be expected to team with peers, internal customers, and management to strengthen the consistency and standardization of IT infrastructure services to achieve operational excellence and program success. While this position is an individual contributor role, collaboration and strong technical knowledge and skills will be essential attributes.
What You'll Do:
- Interface with internal customers, security, and management teams for: maintaining production systems, resolving issues with services and physical systems.
- Install, maintain, and support multiple Windows-based servers on physical and virtual platforms in support of program initiatives.
- Support VDI environments and engineering focused teams.
- Execute troubleshooting skills to address stability objectives both reactively and proactively.
- Maintain a secure computing environment, including adherence to backup schedules, patching, virus updates, and regular security scanning and remediation.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You'll Need:
- Related Bachelor’s and 5 or more years of related experience; or HS Diploma and 11 or more years of related experience.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Associate’s, Bachelor’s Degree, Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for additional years of experience.
- Related certifications may count towards years of related experience.
- Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Must have strong documentation skills, organization skills, and the ability to interact with team members cross-functionally.
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organization and project management/project coordination skills.
- Experience should include expertise in planning, configuring, maintaining, patching, and monitoring in a Microsoft Windows server environment running Windows Server versions 2008R2/2012/2016/2019 and some Linux experience.
- Strong expertise with intel-based server class and workstation hardware.
- Strong expertise with VMware virtualization products (vSphere 6/7.x/ESXI, vCenter, vRealize Operations Manager).
- Strong expertise with Microsoft Active Directory 2012/2016, including domain administration, creating, testing, and implementing group policies, and maintaining user and computer objects.
- Strong expertise troubleshooting DNS, DHCP, TCP/IP and related connectivity issues.
- Proficiency with Powershell scripting and execution.
- Experience with HPC (High Performance Compute) either in Windows base or Linux base.
- Experience with engineering applications such as AutoCAD, SolidWorks, HFSS, National Instruments, I-DEAS, Nastran and Ansys.
- Experience with specialized network environments (air gapped, limited access).
- Experience with Enterprise Licensing tools such as FlexLM or other Damian managers.
- Experience with Linux servers, bash scripting and support preferred.
- Experience with SCCM and WSUS infrastructure for patch management as well as application deployments preferred.
- Experience with vGPU enabled VDI using Nvidia K2/M60 cards for OpenGL access preferred.
- Experience with Security products such as Sentinel 1, RSA, PING-Id or Airwatch preferred.
- Experience with Enterprise Application installations from project start to execution preferred.
- Ball Aerospace is a drug-free workplace, which is imperative to the health and safety of all employees and is required as a condition of receiving contracts from federal agencies. Please remember that regardless of the legalization of marijuana in Colorado and other states, possession and use continues to be illegal under the federal Controlled Substances Act. This includes the use of some CBD products. A post-offer, pre-employment drug test is a condition of employment.
- Work is performed in an office environment, laboratory, cleanroom, or production floor.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
A current DoD clearance and/or SCI access with Polygraph is not required to be eligible for this position, however applicant must be willing and eligible for submission within 60-90 days after an offer is accepted and must be able to maintain the applicable clearance/access. By applying to this position, you are agreeing to complete a National Security Clearance Pre-Screen Questionnaire to evaluate your general ability to obtain the required security clearance or government customer access associated with this position.
Relocation for this position is not available.
Compensation & Benefits:
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $89,000 - $120,500 (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. For details, copy and paste https://bit.ly/3pNSnxv into your browser or visit our careers site.
US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.