Position Type :
Type Of Hire :
Experienced (relevant combo of work and education)
Education Desired :
Bachelor of Information Technology
Travel Percentage :
Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you’ll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
About the team:
This is a growing team that works with internal teams to resolve escalated issues for a large variety of customers and clients.
What you will be doing:
This position will work with the preparation, support and deployment of application and system related changes deployed in customer environments. Performing change assessments, system validations and documentation steps to perform changes derived from problem management. Triage and support of Priority 1 Desktop and Server issues from resulting Major Incident Management calls. This position will be fully remote
The hours will be assigned 4pm PT - 12am PT (7pm - 3am ET) or 2am - 10am PT (5am - 1pm ET).
- Assist Incident Management with any active calls that require the assistance of Desktop & Server Support.
- Reviewing change requests and performing assessments to ensure successful completion and standardization of changes.
- Validation of success/failure of change management records with hand offs to daytime support teams.
- Tracking of resolutions from problem management with implementations across customer bases as necessary.
- Proposes and implements system enhancements that will improve reliability and performance of system.
- Monitors usage and performance.
- Assists Offshore personnel with system changes.
- Troubleshoots server, software and hardware issues.
- Assists with recommending, scheduling and implementing system hardware and/or software upgrades or repairs.
What you bring:
- Knowledge of multiple operating systems and related utilities and hardware
- Knowledge of storage management, TCP/IP, network monitoring and tools and technical writing principles and practices
- Effective analytical, problem solving, installation and maintenance skills
- Ability to work independently as well as within a team
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, vendors, clients and public
- Bachelor’s degree in technical discipline or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience.
What we offer you:
- Attractive benefits including private medical cover, dental cover, and travel insurance
- A multifaceted job with a high degree of responsibility and a broad spectrum of opportunities
- A modern, international work environment and a dedicated and motivated team
- A variety of career development tools, resources and opportunities
- A work environment built on collaboration, flexibility and respect
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.