Systems Administrator II at Ball Aerospace
At Ball Aerospace, we care about the health and safety of our team members, their families and our communities. Ball Aerospace will comply with Executive Order 14042 should it be reinstated.
Powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most.
We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
The Operations Strategic Support Unit plays a fundamental role in enabling efficient business and program execution – from technologies and investments to supply chain, manufacturing and test operations, facilities management, and information technology services.
Systems Administrator II
This role is a key contributor to the automation, deployment, monitoring, and troubleshooting of critical applications, services and infrastructure components across the enterprise. Main support for vRealize Automation suite-based environment that reflects production systems in a micro-segmented NSX construct to support ongoing development and QA functions of COTS/custom applications.
What You’ll Do:
- Design, implement and manage continuous integration, build management and deployment scripts and systems.
- Define and document standard run books, installation guides and operating procedures.
- Be hands-on and develop various components of the development environments.
- Deploy commercial and custom applications and services to various environments across the enterprise.
- Configure and support middleware technologies and windows components on Windows operating systems, including: JBoss, WebLogic, Tomcat, IIS, Windows Task Scheduler/Services, .NET
- Support the development teams in configuring, monitoring, maintaining and delivering applications and infrastructure.
- Maintain and support application environment builds in collaboration with development, operations, networking and security teams.
- Provide technical support and troubleshooting of the environments and responsible for ensuring high availability across all environments.
- Report production issues and incidents and perform root cause analysis in collaboration with operations and development teams to troubleshoot problems and define mitigation strategies.
- Ensure software licensing compliance for applications and services.
- Maintain infrastructure security practices – patching, firmware updates, etc.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- Related Bachelor’s and 5 or more years of related experience; or HS Diploma and 11 or more years of related experience.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Associate’s, Bachelor’s Degree, Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for additional years of experience.
- Related certifications may count towards years of related experience.
- Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- 8+ years of experience as a systems administrator preferred.
- 5+ years of experience with Microsoft Active Directory, DNS, GPO authoring technologies.
- 5+ years of experience configuring, maintaining and monitoring applications and services in a Microsoft Windows server environment running versions 2012 – 2019.
- 5+ years of experience maintaining a VMware infrastructure – vCenter, vSphere, vRA, vRO, NSX, Insight and Operations Manager.
- 1-2 years of experience with Windows PowerShell or other automation scripting.
- Experience with server virtualization using VMWare vRealize Automation Suite, creating guest OS servers, and automating the creation of guests for multiple environments preferred.
- Understanding of ITIL principles, including incident management, CMDB, and change management preferred.
- Experience with implementation and support of commercial and homegrown applications utilizing a wide range of technologies preferred.
- Strong documentation skills, organization skills, and the ability to interact with team members cross functionally preferred.
- Excellent communication skills – written, verbal and interpersonal preferred.
- Responsible, self-motivated, and able to thrive in an energetic, fast pace, high growth environment. Exhibits ownership of projects and tasks assigned preferred.
- VMware Horizon VDI experience a plus preferred.
- Dell Storage Manager (DSM) experience a plus preferred.
Hybrid Work Environment: This position may be performed working from both the office and another location, while typically requiring working in the office less than 3 days per work week. Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
- Ball Aerospace is a drug-free workplace, which is imperative to the health and safety of all employees and is required as a condition of receiving contracts from federal agencies. Please remember that regardless of the legalization of marijuana in Colorado and other states, possession and use continues to be illegal under the federal Controlled Substances Act. This includes the use of some CBD products. A post-offer, pre-employment drug test is a condition of employment.
- Work is performed in an office environment, laboratory, cleanroom, or production floor
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Relocation for this position is not available.
Compensation & Benefits:
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $89,000 - $120,500 (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. For details, copy and paste https://bit.ly/3pNSnxv into your browser or visit our careers site.
US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.