Clearance Requirement: A current, active TS/SCI CI Polygraph security clearance is required.
Powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most.
We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
The Operations Strategic Support Unit plays a fundamental role in enabling efficient business and program execution – from technologies and investments to supply chain, manufacturing and test operations, facilities management, and information technology services.
Systems Administrator II – Cleared Linux Engineering Support
We are seeking a Systems Administrator with experience in deploying, configuring and maintaining large enterprise environments and enterprise management tools. In this role, the systems administrator will work on a team supporting program initiatives in secure, isolated computing environments. The administrator will be expected to team with peers, internal customers, and management to strengthen the consistency and standardization of IT infrastructure and services achieve operational excellence and program success. While this position is an individual contributor role, collaboration and strong technical knowledge and skills will be essential attributes.
What You’ll Do:
- Interface with internal customers, program security, and management teams in planning for, deploying, maintaining, and troubleshooting services and systems.
- Install, maintain, and support multiple Linux-based servers on physical and virtual platforms in support of program initiatives.
- Execute troubleshooting skills to address stability objectives both reactively and proactively.
- Maintain a secure computing environment, including adherence to backup schedules, patching, virus updates, and regular security scanning and remediation.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- Related Bachelor’s and 5 or more years of related experience; or HS Diploma and 11 or more years of related experience.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Associate’s, Bachelor’s Degree, Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for additional years of experience.
- Related certifications may count towards years of related experience.
- Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Valid Driver’s license.
- Certifications meeting DoD 8570 compliance, or willing to obtain.
- Expertise in the following preferred:
- Red Hat Enterprise Administration with Identity Management, Satellite, and Ansible Automation
- Knowledge of DOD Information Assurance practices and System Accreditation processes including configuring physical and virtual hosts to DISA STIG requirements
- Experience supporting Software and Enterprise Application development environments and technologies including Docker
- Deploy, configure, and maintain RHEL and CentOS Linux systems
- Install and update Software packages from Repositories or local file system
- Manage local users and groups and with active directory integration
- Configure and manage services
- Manage and Configure SELinux and Firewalld
- Linux Troubleshooting
- Must have strong documentation skills, organization skills, and the ability to interact with team members cross-functionally.
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organization and project management/project coordination skills.
- Preferred: RHCSA Certified
- Preferred: Experience in Scripting Languages (Python, Ruby, Bash), Database Applications, Docker, VMware Virtualization Products, Real Time Kernels, MacAfee Antivirus, and VEEAM.
- Work is performed in an office environment, laboratory, cleanroom, or production floor.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Verification that your current security clearance or government customer access meets the requirement for this position will be required.
Relocation for this position is not available.
Compensation & Benefits:
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $87,000 - $117,500 (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. For details, copy and paste https://bit.ly/3pNSnxv into your browser or visit our careers site.
US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.