Systems Administrator II - Application Analyst at Ball Aerospace
Clearance Requirement: A current, active TS/SCI CI Polygraph security clearance is required.
Powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most.
We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
The Operations Strategic Support Unit plays a fundamental role in enabling efficient business and program execution – from technologies and investments to supply chain, manufacturing and test operations, facilities management, and information technology services.
Systems Administrator II – Application Analyst
What You’ll Do:
- Support Agile Product Data Management (PDM), IFS Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP), Velocity Manufacturing Execution System (MES), and BATC developed enterprise applications that comprise the Integrated Design to Manufacturing System (IDMS). These systems enable program execution activities in multiple environments including classified areas (SCIF-IDMS).
- Deploy, maintain, and optimize virtual infrastructure (VMWare Horizon) and Virtual Servers utilized as a platform for the integrated systems. Primary virtualization/system admin support in SCIF-IDMS Dev/Test environments.
- Support periodic data refresh/application upgrade activities for BART financial system inside classified environment(s).
- Maintain/support Information Assurance compliance monitoring in multiple classified environments.
- Maintain/support Varonis DatAdvantage monitoring/forensic investigations inside multiple classified environments.
- Work with classified System Administrators and Information Assurance management to ensure that Virtual Server operating systems and IDMS software solution are maintained for Security and Program compliance.
- Troubleshoot technical issues associated with these integrated systems including operating systems, Server applications/features, middleware, cryptographic protocols, LDAP integration, supporting applications, databases, and User interfaces.
- Responsible for working with internal users of these applications to understand functionality needs, configure the system to provide requested functionality and provide second level user support as needed.
- Support new ITS projects to develop new capabilities that involve IDMS applications, work closely with ITS software developers to design/develop new enhancements and interfaces, configure data access controls etc.
- Support the deployment of new instances/enhancements/upgrades of these applications inside multiple classified environments.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- Related Bachelor’s and 5 or more years of related experience; or HS Diploma and 11 or more years of related experience.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Associate’s, Bachelor’s Degree, Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for additional years of experience.
- Related certifications may count towards years of related experience.
- Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Customer service oriented, excellent communication and listening skills, organizational skills, ability to collaborate with a cross-functional team, be self-motivated, detail oriented etc.
- Demonstrated System Administration skills involving Windows server/desktop OS’s and understanding of complex software application configurations.
- Business processes experience and compliance requirements knowledge associated with executing government contracts for space based and/or DOD programs
- 8570 Certification, Security Plus, CEH, etc. preferred
- Work is performed in an office environment, laboratory, clean room, or production floor.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Verification that your current security clearance or government customer access meets the requirement for this position will be required.
Relocation for this position is available.
Compensation & Benefits:
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $87,000 - $117,500 (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- For RFT/RPT Jobs: This position includes a competitive benefits package. For details, copy and paste https://bit.ly/3pNSnxv into your browser or visit our careers site.
US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.