Systematics IT Architect Specialist at FIS
Position Type :
Type Of Hire :
Experienced (relevant combo of work and education)
Education Desired :
Bachelor of Computer Science
Travel Percentage :
15 - 25%
Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you’ll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
About the team:
Our team focusses on providing Professional Services (PS) in support of Large Financial Institutions (LFI). Our Professional Services teams consist of banking and finance industry specialists with technical programming and business consulting skills.
What you will be doing:
Our technical consultants tackle a variety of projects including software development, upgrades, conversions, and production support. The responsibilities include creating technical requirements from business requirements, solutions design, coding, unit testing, test support, and implementation support.
- Works with a team in all stages of software delivery
- May lead small teams and/or mentor less experienced analysts
- Programming Systematics (SI) Mainframe applications (AM, GN, IM, RM, ST)
- May interact directly with clients’ line of business or technical resources
- Documents and publishes appropriate architecture principles and standards, position papers, blueprints, best practices, patterns and frameworks.
- Defines, constructs, supports and provides training for enterprise frameworks.
- Defines and maintains a library of functional component models within and across FIS product lines.
- Documents functional product solutions for key FIS product strategy and product management initiatives leveraging defined functional component model libraries and the defined product line architecture roadmap.
- Documents functional product solutions for key FIS financial services sales opportunities leveraging defined functional component model libraries and the defined product line architecture roadmap.
- Maintains a catalogue of reusable functional application components consumable across applications and product lines.
- Reviews functional and technical designs to identify areas of risk and/or missing requirements.
- Acts as tie breaker on design decisions.
- Documents and communicates opportunities to leverage inter-project synergies, application and enterprise software or infrastructure asset re-use and opportunities to expose application assets for enterprise consumption.
- Communicates system architecture to technical and business audiences.
- Other related duties assigned as needed.
What you bring:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or engineering or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience. Post-graduate education desired.
- Requires the following experience or equivalent combination of education and experience as a minimum to enter any level of IT Architect job:
- Must have led technology direction for multiple projects and led or presented architecture concepts outside realm of immediate workgroup
- Demonstrated experience as application development system designer or technical lead on many “very large”, i.e., 10,000 hours or more spanning more than 6 months projects
- May also require one or more of the following experience requirements:
- Five or more years working in a distributed and heterogeneous computing environment (ZOS, UNIX, Windows)
- Five or more years demonstrated experience in working with relational (and/or hierarchical) databases
- Five or more years demonstrated experience in modern software application technologies
- Successful design and implementation of applications in a shared service bureau environment
- Experience in building On-Line Transaction Processing (OLTP), batch and reporting systems
- Experience in using Unified Modeling Language (UML) for Object Modeling
- Experience in building robust and scalable infrastructure architectures (telephony systems, network services, web farms, multiple-node systems, etc.
- Knowledge of FIS products and services
- Knowledge of financial services industry
- In-depth knowledge of end-to-end systems development life cycles including waterfall, iterative and other modern approaches to software development
- Proficiency in solutions design and requirements definition disciplines leveraging model driven design based tools and techniques including conceptual solution component models, business process models, use cases, etc.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills to technical and non-technical audiences of various levels in the organization, e.g., executive, management, individual contributors
- Excellent analytical, decision-making, problem-solving, team and time management skills
- Ability to persuade and influence others on the best approach to take
- Ability to estimate work effort for project sub-plans or small projects and ensure the project is successfully completed
- Positive outlook, strong work ethic and responsive to internal and external customers and contacts
- Willingly and successfully fulfills the role of teacher, mentor and coach
- May require a thorough understanding of design patterns and their application
- May require a thorough understanding of Model-View-Controller design patterns for web applications
- May require a fluency in developing and understanding sequence diagrams, class models, etc.
- May require in-depth knowledge of networking, computing platform, storage, database, security, middleware, network and systems management, and related infrastructure technologies and practices
FIS JOB LEVEL DESCRIPTION
- Expert level role. Specialized depth and/or breadth of skills, experience and proficiency. Focuses on two or more of the four architecture disciplines, typically within a single business group. Is recognized as an expert within the architecture disciplines on which the incumbent focuses. Must have led the technology direction, including the leadership responsibility for technical leads and/or other architects, for multiple very large projects. Must be capable of performing acquisition due diligence. Interprets internal or external business and technology issues and recommends best practices. Takes a broad perspective to identify innovative solutions to solve complex problems. Works independently, with guidance on only the most complex situations. Wide latitude for independent judgment. Often leads functional teams or projects. Typically requires sixteen or more years of systems development experience with eight or more years as an engineer or systems specialist.
Added bonus if you have:
- Experience with GN Web Services and API Coding
- Experience with Systematics IM, ST, AM, RM, GN applications
- Technical team lead experience
- CICS application experience
- Experience with multiple Systematics clients
What we offer you:
- A multifaceted job with a high degree of responsibility and a broad spectrum of opportunities
- The chance to work on some of the most challenging, relevant issues in financial services & technology
- A work environment built on collaboration, flexibility and respect
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.