System Engineer at LogRhythm
LogRhythm is a world leader in NextGen Security Information and Event Management (SIEM), empowering organizations to successfully reduce risk by rapidly detecting, responding to and neutralizing damaging cyberthreats. Our platform combines user and entity behavior analytics (UEBA), network traffic and behavior analytics (NTBA) and security automation & orchestration (SAO) in a single end-to-end solution. Among other accolades, LogRhythm is positioned as a Leader in Gartner’s SIEM Magic Quadrant. Our corporate HQ is based in Boulder, CO with offices in Maidenhead UK, Dubai, Australia, Singapore, Germany and The Netherlands.
LogRhythm is seeking an experienced Systems Engineer to join our Enterprise Systems Operations Group in Boulder Colorado. You will have the opportunity to bring practical knowledge and delivery excellence to help LogRhythm Global IT build, expand, optimize and maintain both on-premise and cloud-based services. In this role, you will maintain the operational effectiveness of existing services, automate for improved efficiencies, develop and deliver infrastructure projects and deliverables. You will have a proven track record of leveraging and growing your expertise while introducing and embracing new technologies that will assist LogRhythm in bringing new products and services to the market.
- Work within the infrastructure and broader Global IT team to design, build and maintain virtualized local and cloud environments capable of scaling with demand.
- Collaborate with technology customers and partners to create and implement an operational toolset to ensure service availability.
- Assess the current state of services, gather requirements, complete gap/SWOT analysis, deliver prototypes and production implementations using public and private cloud infrastructure.
- Build, deliver, benchmark, monitor and continually improve technology, automation, and processes to assemble and maintain production-grade solutions.
- Team with other LogRhythm Global IT functions and business units to plan and coordinate the implementation of complex systems and software deployments.
- Assist and enable the integration of existing LogRhythm solutions into cloud-ready products.
- Strong customer service focus and ability to prioritize and quickly resolve issues with great attention to detail
- Problem-solving and critical thinking skills to define issues in practical terms, analyze critically, deliver solutions and follow through to resolution
- Ability to work well with all levels of the organization and those with varying technical knowledge
- Knowledge of IT best practices, IT operations and ITIL application in an always-up, always-available environment
- Background in Linux, Windows and network administration along with automation and configuration management tool experience such as Puppet, Chef, Ansible or an equivalent
- Ability to use a wide variety of open source and DevOps technologies such as GIT, OpenNebula, Jenkins and in-depth knowledge of virtualization technologies, VMWare, Nutanix, and Public Cloud offerings such as AWS, GCP, and Azure
- Seasoned team player with exceptional oral and written communication skills with the ability to collaborate, influence and build partnerships across the organization
- Accustomed to working in a fast-paced environment, with tight deadlines, and successfully tracking to agreed project deliverables
- At least 5 years of demonstrated experience designing, implementing and managing enterprise infrastructure environments
- Proficiency with both Windows and Linux
- Working knowledge of storage, networking, compute, cloud, security, SSO (SAML, SWA, Okta) and virtualization platforms (hyper-converged infrastructure preferred)
- Demonstrated understanding of coding, scripting, versioning and testing best practices
- Experience with more than one scripting language (Python, PowerShell, PHP, Perl, etc)
- Ability to learn quickly and incorporate new knowledge, technology, and methods in a rapidly evolving landscape
- Cloud certifications a plus
LogRhythm is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, genetic information, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status.