BDS Analytics, Inc. is seeking a Junior System Administrator to maintain, upgrade and manage our software, hardware and networks. Resourcefulness is a necessary skill in this role. You should be able to diagnose and resolve problems quickly and have the patience to communicate with a variety of interdisciplinary teams and users. Your goal will be to ensure that our technology infrastructure runs smoothly and efficiently.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Provide technical support for both hardware and software issues for the end user.
- Administer the configuration and installation of our computer operating systems and equipment
- Monitor the system daily and respond immediately to security or usability concerns
- Create and verify backups of data
- Respond to and resolve help desk requests through our ticketing system
- Upgrade systems and processes as required for enhanced functionality and security issue resolution
- Administrate infrastructure, including firewalls, databases, malware protection software and other processes
- Install and test computer-related equipment, set up accounts and workstations
- Create and update network documentation. Review application logs
- Administer network monitoring tools (RMM)
- Troubleshoot, maintain, and administer the following IT resources:
- Windows 2016, 2012 R2, Active Directory, Hyper-V, network services (DNS, DHCP), patch management, Antivirus management and enterprise backup systems
- Administer and maintenance Microsoft Azure environments and Azure Services
- Configure, optimize and deploy Microsoft Azure solutions (IaaS, DRaaS, PaaS, AAD, Automation, Monitor, etc.).
- Migrate existing workloads to Azure.
- Recommend improvements for the infrastructure to enhance user experience, productivity, or resolve issues
- Design and deploy robust network services to meet evolving business requirements
- Perform other duties as assigned
Job-related Education and/or Experience:
- Associates degree in Computer Science or Information Systems; or equivalent combination of education and relevant experience
- 1+ years of experience as a System Administrator, Network Administrator, or similar role
- Certified Systems Administrator (MCSA)) is a plus
- Knowledge of Windows Stack on Windows Server 2012, 2016, 2019, Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, DFS, Clustering, IIS, etc.
- Knowledge of Automation (Python, PowerShell, Bash, Chef, etc.)
- Knowledge in backup operations (NetBackup, Tivoli, Networker, LTO Tape, Data Domain, S3, Glacier)
- Knowledge of Systems Tool Expertise (ELK, Nagios, Splunk, etc.)
- Knowledge of Cloud (O365, Azure, AZURE AD)
- Experience supporting IT infrastructure technologies and standards including software & hardware life cycle, system configuration policies, security, hardening, HA, DR etc.
- Familiarity with Azure Fundamentals subject matter
- Working knowledge of Agile, Scrum and Application Lifecycle Management (ALM).
- Innovative thinker who is positive, proactive and readily embraces change.
Conditions of Employment: Pre-employment background check
Work Environment: Normal office environment
Travel: up to 0%
BDS Analytics, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.