System Administrator, Senior - Remote (US) at FIS
Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you'll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
About the team:
The Customer Migrations Team is responsible for providing migration of customer on premises or Colocation based services into the FIS private cloud. This includes but is not limited to providing remote server and network project support, providing on-site server and network project support, performing remote server moves, adds, changes, performing server and network administration and monitoring (proactive), and leading in project implementation and design.
What you will be doing:
The ideal candidate should have a solid technical/IT background, be willing to learn a wide range of products and technologies, have an aptitude for troubleshooting/analyzing problems. You will be responsible for recommending and implementing process improvements and technology recommendations for your migration projects. This is a challenging and rewarding role that constantly presents new opportunities for learning a variety of technologies and products.
What you bring:
- Strong analytical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Desire to work in a global team-based environment
- Extensive experience providing end-user support via phones and remote management tools during projects
- Strong Proficiency in Microsoft Server OS
- Experience configuring, implementing, and supporting various server applications (SQL, IIS, SharePoint, etc.)
- VMWare ESX/vSphere knowledge
- TCP/IP based networking experience
- Citrix XenApp, Access Gateway, NetScaler VPX/ADC knowledge
- Scripting knowledge
Added bonus if you have:
- Strong work experience with VMWare ESX/vSphere/Vcenter and vSphere replication appliance
- Strong work experience with Citrix XenApp 6.5/7.6/ v1912 LTSR and NetScaler VPX/ADC
- High level experience with Windows server 2008/2012/2016/2019
- Strong working knowledge of DNS, Active Directory and DFS
What we offer you:
- A modern, international work environment and a dedicated and motivated team
- A broad range of professional education and personal development possibilities - FIS is your final career step!
- A competitive salary and benefits
- A variety of career development tools, resources, and opportunities
- The chance to work on some of the most challenging, relevant issues in financial services & technology
Notice to all US applicants: All employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Individuals with a disability (including a medical condition) or sincerely held religious beliefs or practices that prevent them from getting the vaccine may request an exemption from the vaccine requirement.
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.