Supply Chain Strategic Sourcing Manager at Boom Technologies, Inc
Boom Supersonic is a Denver-based company redefining commercial flight by bringing supersonic flight back to the skies with Overture. This historic airliner is designed and committed to industry-leading standards of speed, safety, and sustainability. Boom’s vision is to bring families, businesses, and cultures closer together through supersonic travel and make the world dramatically more accessible.
Boom is the first commercial airplane manufacturer to commit to a carbon-neutral flight test program and to build sustainability into its entire aircraft program. The company is backed by world-class investors and has 30 aircraft on pre-order. Founded in 2014, Boom has assembled a team of over 150 full-time employees who have made contributions to over 220 air and spacecraft programs.
Are you passionate about building the supersonic future? Come join the team and help us make aviation history!Role Overview:
The Overture program is growing and that includes building out the supply chain strategy and developing key supplier partnerships. The strategic sourcing manager will be an integral part in shaping Boom’s supply chain, including developing an overall supplier strategy and building key supplier partnerships. He or she will work closely with our engineering team to draft and issue RFPs, work through supplier selection and final negotiations, as well as coordinate selection of supplier partnerships.Responsibilities:
- Develop and execute Boom’s strategic sourcing strategy for key commodities.
- Responsible for the strategic sourcing management goals of the company and implementation of action items to ensure goals are achieved.
- Manage multiple procurement sourcing strategies and priorities.
- Maintain and develop supplier relationships (trade shows, supplier meetings, conferences, etc.)
- Develop and implement sourcing and supplier selection strategy domestically and internationally.
- Lead internal collaboration with engineering to draft RFIs, technical requirements documents, and issue RFPs.
- Establish purchasing policies and ensure compliance within the department.
- Responsible for negotiations and developing “win-win” strategies that achieve sustainable relationships with suppliers.
- Continuously improve productivity and efficiency of processes throughout the operational organization.
- Analyze industry trends and evolving technology to proactively identify supply base issues to minimize risk, protect continuity of supply, and utilize emerging opportunities.
- Lead contract negotiations and partner with legal on contractual requirements and T&C’s negotiations for supply agreements.
- Manage and monitor supplier performance and build out the supply chain risk matrix.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- 12+ years of experience in supply chain.
- 8+ years of experience in contracting and negotiation
- Strong negotiation and business development skills
- Experience presenting complex ideas to senior management and/or external audiences.
- Strategic thinking and creative problem solving.
- Persuasiveness, effective negotiation, and excellent communication and presentation skills
- Self-starting mentality, detail-oriented and an effective planner and project manager
- Disciple of continuous improvement
- Agile, a macro thinker on a strategic level who can flex to execute tactical needs
- Must have a high quality bar and attention to detail
- Leadership and general management skills, particularly in setting strategy, gaining alignment with internal & external stakeholders.
- MBA or other advanced degree
- Previous leadership experience
- Strong preference for international sourcing experience
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Ability to influence others and lead small teams.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities under tight deadlines
- Ability to coordinate several projects simultaneously
- Proven analytical and organizational ability
The Base Salary Range for this position is $160,000 - $180,000 and represents the low and high end of the range for this position. Actual salaries will vary based on factors including but not limited to location, experience, and performance. The range listed is just one component of Boom’s total rewards package for employees. Other rewards may include performance bonuses, long term incentives/equity, an open PTO policy, and many other progressive benefits.
To conform to U.S. Government aerospace technology export regulations (ITAR and EAR), applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about ITAR here (https://www.pmddtc.state.gov/?id=ddtc_public_portal_itar_landing)
Boom is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
Want to build a faster future? Come join Boom.