Supply Chain Manager- Contractor at Boom Supersonic
| Greater Denver Area
Sorry, this job was removed at 4:22 a.m. (MST) on Friday, January 15, 2021
About Boom Supersonic
Boom Supersonic is the Denver-based startup bringing supersonic flight back to the skies with Overture. As the world’s fastest airliner, Overture is designed and committed to industry-leading standards of speed, safety and sustainability. Flights twice as fast as today’s commercial airplanes, means we can go twice as far—bringing more people, places, and cultures into our lives.
Boom is the first commercial airplane manufacturer to commit to a carbon-neutral flight test program and to build sustainability into its entire aircraft program. Founded in 2014, Boom has assembled a team of over 140 full-time employees who have made contributions to over 220 air and spacecraft programs.
Are you passionate about building the future of transportation? Help us make aviation history.
This position within the Supply Chain function requires a qualified professional with a proven track record of managing key suppliers at both tactical and strategic levels, driving supplier relationship management and procurement needs within a global model. The Supply Chain Manager oversees the management of specific suppliers ensuring delivery, quality, and costs are met; the primary responsibility is to procure and have delivered all the required components to build the Boom XB-1 demonstrator aircraft.
Specific tasks will include supplier communications and relationship management; issuing RFP/RFI's, SOWs, Contracts, PO’s for components / assemblies / tooling; develop a tracking process/metrics for supplier performance; and various other supply chain processes as directed by leadership.
This is a 4 month contract position which will be full time in our Centennial, Colorado office.
- Drive all supplier procurement for key suppliers identified for Boom Supersonic.
- Based on Boom Supersonic’s business objectives negotiate SOW's, pricing, lead times, and other key requirements with suppliers, incorporating terms into supply agreements or contracts where appropriate. Continuously seek out and implement cost reduction initiatives to maximize savings for the enterprise.
- Oversight of overall performance to schedule from demand to final delivery of product to manufacturing floor. This includes material planning, production scheduling, logistics on product delivery.
- Act as point of contact with regards to supplier performance with Manufacturing and closely interacts with Engineering.
- Point of escalation for all supplier-related issues, using influence and negotiation skills working with various functions both internally and externally to find creative solutions that will meet Boom Supersonic's business needs.
Experience and Skills:
- Must have a minimum of 5 years of experience in Supply Management including sourcing, negotiating, and management
- Experience souring small volume, highly engineered products
- Experience managing vendors of custom fabricated products
- Experience developing and implementing new supply chain processes
- Demonstrated negotiating skills
- Ability to recognize when to use technology to streamline processes
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- New supplier development experience
Degrees and Certifications:
- Degree in Business Administration or Engineering strongly preferred
To conform to U.S. Government aerospace technology export regulations (ITAR and EAR), applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about ITAR here (https://www.pmddtc.state.gov/?id=ddtc_public_portal_itar_landing)
Boom is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
Want to build a faster future? Come join Boom.
Read Full Job Description