Supply Chain Director
Supply Chain Director
PopSockets LLC, based in Boulder, Colorado, designs, manufactures and sells innovative lifestyle products. Our flagship product, the PopSockets grip—a collapsible grip and stand that provides secure one-handed holding for any mobile device—was invented by philosophy professor David Barnett, with the first grip sold on PopSockets.com in 2014 and the 100 millionth sold in 2018. PopSockets products embody the company's mission to create empowering, personal, and fun products.
PopSockets was named one of the Best Places to Work in Colorado in 2018 and also listed as Inc. 5000's second fastest growing company in the US, with a 71,424% percent of sales increase over the last three years.
For more information on what it’s like to work at PopSockets, check out: https://www.builtincolorado.com/company/popsockets-llc
Reports to VP Operations. The Director of Supply Chain will be responsible for S&OP process implementation, demand planning, supply planning, purchasing, supplier management and product distribution. The Director of Supply Chain is also responsible for cost controls and cost down efforts.
- Oversees the Sales & Operations Planning (S&OP) functions to align the business.
- Manage all areas of supply chain including, forecasting, planning, purchasing, warehousing and distribution.
- Supervise demand planners, supply planners, vendor management and order thru fulfillment teams.
- Track demand plan accuracy and consumption to merchandising / sales plans and financial targets.
- Develop efficient & cost-effective supply chain strategies.
- Implement best practice methods in all areas.
- Coordinate day to day handling of issues related to supply and demand discrepancies.
- Identify inventory and service risks, minimize overall inventory levels.
- Collaborate with Marketing, R&D, PLM’s and Operations Engineering in planning new item launches.
- Proactively advise executives of any channel-specific purchasing anomalies and/or opportunities observed while executing demand needs for the various regions & channels.
- Collaborate with Finance to ensure timely and accurate reporting of inventory and purchasing.
- Responsible for development and use Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) to track performance and drive change in underperforming areas.
- Occasional travel to International supplier locations (
- BS/BA required
- 8-15 years experience in Supply Chain
- Extensive experience in consumer product goods with global production and omni-channel distribution
- The candidate must combine a working knowledge of world-class supply chain practices strong analytical capabilities, and business / financial savvy
- ERP (NAV specifically) and MRP experience desirable
- Proven ability to multi-task in a surrounding of continual change; ability to respond flexibly in a quickly changing environment.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate as a member of a team and leader
- Capability to be flexible, execute plans, strategies and achieve desired results
- Outstanding leadership, interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent communication and management skills; must possess ability to persuade, influence and build consensus among all parties
- Ability to anticipate and solve problems, act decisively and persist in the face of obstacles