Supervisor Senior - ES RF Technician at Ball Aerospace
Clearance Requirement: A current, active TS/SCI security clearance is required.
Powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most.
We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
The Engineering Strategic Support Unit comprises the organizational talent and technical leadership that enables the successful delivery of high-impact discriminating technologies for our customers’ missions. Our collaborative, cross-functional teams are committed to innovation, integrity, continual learning and strong execution.
Supervisor Senior – ES RF Technician
In this role, the ES RF technician supervisor will have an acute understanding of tactical planning, estimating, hiring, and making the necessary choices between the various priorities for programs.
What You’ll Do:
- Develop a strong relationship with internal customers to identify, understand their program staffing needs.
- Responsible for assigning technicians with the appropriate skills to programs that meet their needs.
- Participate in hiring interviews.
- Work with department management to determine staffing requirements, assign staff to support department work requirements; has authority to suggest and recommend the hiring, firing, disciplining, advancement, or status change of other employees.
- Establish priorities, delegate, and ensure tasks are completed according to departmental requirements and schedules.
- Approve Timecards.
- Write and conduct performance appraisals.
- Write and conduct merit raises.
- Participate, write, and conduct promotions.
- Understand and communicate customer and department requirements to subordinates; ensure employees are properly trained and receive the supervision and direction needed to accomplish their work assignments in an efficient and cost-effective manner, while observing all applicable work rules, safety rules, department directives, and company policies.
- Conceive, develop and implement solutions to specific departmental problems.
- Prepare and maintain required records and reports in accordance with Ball Aerospace policies and government regulations.
- Supervise the implementation of new policies or procedures.
- May track departmental budget expenditures and be accountable for overhead and operational budgets.
- Assist in managing assets by flowing items through the metrology work center when routine calibrations are due and participate in audits.
- Have a solid understanding of technical prioritization process; delegate appropriate tasks to technicians and define priorities to less experienced staff members.
- Mentor, coach, develop and create career paths for technicians
- Identify areas requiring constructive/tactful push-back and alternatives to requirements that drive cost and schedule.
- Work with facility representative to identify space for technician offices.
- Participate in meetings, offers opinions, ideas, can define activities, and listens effectively; will lead group technician meetings.
- Implement EHS processes and procedures; recognize safety hazards, including hazardous materials, and pursue corrective action when necessary.
- Adapt process work instructions, procedures, techniques, tools, materials, and/or equipment to meet highly special needs; make continuous improvement suggestions and participate in initiatives to improve productivity and process efficiency. Provide detailed written input for design reviews, proposals, specifications, work standards, and business processes.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- BS/BA in a related field plus 8 or more years of related experience.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- RF fabrication experience is required.
- RF development and test experience is required.
- Knowledge of RF Electronics fundamentals is required.
- Knowledge of RF antenna, limiter and rage testing is required.
- Leadership experience is required.
- Demonstrated capability of multitasking in a highly dynamic work environment and making quick decisions.
- Demonstrated ability of constructing and communicating ideas clearly; can train and mentor peers to do the same.
- Demonstrated ability to reinforce and build on diverse ideas.
- Effective in working with people at all levels, both internal and external.
- Ability to work extra hours, overtime, weekends, and holidays as needed to meet critical schedules.
- A current, active TS/SCI security clearance is required.
- Work is performed in an office or production environment.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Verification that your current security clearance or government customer access meets the requirement for this position will be required.
Relocation for this position is not available.
Compensation & Benefits:
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $87,000 - $117,500 (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. For details, copy and paste https://bit.ly/3pNSnxv into your browser or visit our careers site.
US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.