Powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most.
We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
The Operations Strategic Support Unit plays a fundamental role in enabling efficient business and program execution – from technologies and investments to supply chain, manufacturing and test operations, facilities management, and information technology services.
Supervisor II - Equipment Maintenance
What You’ll Do:
- Work with department management to determine staffing requirements. Assign staff to support department work requirements.
- Regularly direct the work of two or more regular, full-time employees.
- Has the authority to suggest and recommend the hiring, firing, disciplining, advancement, or status change of other employees.
- Write and conduct performance appraisals.
- Ensure tasks are completed according to departmental requirements and schedules.
- Ensure employees are properly trained and receive the supervision and direction needed to accomplish their work assignments in an efficient and cost-effective manner while observing all applicable work rules, safety rules, department directives, and company policies.
- Conceive, develop and implement solutions to specific departmental problems.
- Prepare and maintain required records and reports in accordance with BATC policies and government regulations.
- May develop, prepare and/or track departmental budget expenditures and be accountable for overhead and operational budgets.
- Perform preventive and reactive maintenance as required to meet departmental requirements and schedules.
- Design, test, and troubleshoot precision manufacturing equipment, instruments, and/or mechanisms requiring knowledge of production equipment, specialized test equipment, or other technical applications at the Westminster, Broomfield, and Boulder facilities.
- Contribute to equipment design reviews, internal review boards (HAR’s, TAR’s & MAR’s), Equipment specifications, work instructions and manufacturing processes.
- Participate in new asset specifications, PDR, CDR, and commissioning.
- Assist and support engineering, production, test departments, etc. in the service, repair, and testing of a wide variety of manufacturing and test systems; provide guidance for maintaining and servicing the equipment; develop solutions that minimize downtime for complex problems and author and execute maintenance plans using a Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS).
- Make continuous improvement recommendations, participate and lead projects in area of responsibility.
- Review and accurately interpret schematics, drawings, specifications, and procedures for repair, adjustment and troubleshooting of manufacturing equipment
- Develop and maintain resources for parts and service contracts for maintenance activities.
- Will work on a wide variety of equipment and, therefore, should have experience with some or all of the following:
- Refrigeration Controls
- Electrical Troubleshooting
- Semiconductor Manufacturing
- Controls/PLC Systems
- Computerized Maintenance Management Systems
- Working inside Clean Rooms
- Environmental Testing/Screening Equipment
- High-Vacuum Systems
- Waste treatment and high purity water systems
- Machining and Metal Working Equipment
- Metal fabrication
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- BS/BA in a related field plus 4 or more years of related experience.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Ability to obtain DoD SCI clearance.
- Ability to perform duties without appreciable direction and exercise considerable latitude in determining technical objectives of assignments. Completed work will be reviewed from a relatively long-term perspective for desired results.
- Comfortable working both individually and leading a small, highly productive team.
- Work is performed in an office environment, laboratory, cleanroom, or production floor.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
A current DoD clearance and/or SCI access with Polygraph is not required to be eligible for this position, however applicant must be willing and eligible for submission within 60-90 days after an offer is accepted and must be able to maintain the applicable clearance/access. By applying to this position, you are agreeing to complete a National Security Clearance Pre-Screen Questionnaire to evaluate your general ability to obtain the required security clearance or government customer access associated with this position.
Relocation for this position is available.
Compensation & Benefits:
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $71,500 - $97,000 (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. For details, copy and paste https://bit.ly/3pNSnxv into your browser or visit our careers site.
US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.