Powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most.
We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
The Operations Strategic Support Unit plays a fundamental role in enabling efficient business and program execution – from technologies and investments to supply chain, manufacturing and test operations, facilities management, and information technology services.
Supervisor I - Inventory & Shipping
What You’ll Do:
- Select, motivate, and counsel a diverse group of employees; administer salary and budget programs; ensure employee safety; plan, organize, integrate and measure work performed within the department.
- Effectively partner with manufacturing and services centers to ensure timely delivery of materials to their desired location, while always maintaining the safety and quality of the material and employees.
- Ensure the group meets established Service Level Agreements (SLAs) for the timely receipt of material, execution of material transfers, shop order pick lists, and material requisitions in accordance with program schedules.
- Work closely with the rest of Supply Chain Management (primarily the procurement and planning functions) to quickly resolve problems that may arise that impede the receipt or issuance of materials.
- Direct the preparation and maintenance of required SCM records and reports in accordance with Ball policies and government regulations.
- Balance strategic thinking with tactical application of strategies to programs.
- Monitor performance metrics and proactively act to address program and functional issues.
- Ensure all SCM actions are performed within regulations and approved procurement system is maintained.
- Ensure that all business is conducted using the highest ethical standards and in compliance with all applicable laws, statutes, and regulations as well as company policies and directives.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- BS/BA in a related field plus 2 or more years related experience.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Demonstrated ability to lead through influence.
- Ability to effect positive results in a highly matrixed environment.
- Ability to use Microsoft Office to generate reports, management level briefings and generally support job performance.
- Excellent interpersonal and organization skills.
- Excellent communication skills (both oral and written).
- Experience working in the DoD and/or NASA-related Aerospace & Defense industry and demonstrated knowledge of Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) preferred.
- Continuous improvement, black belt or other similar training / certification preferred.
- Demonstrated understanding of DoD / NASA required business systems, process controls, and procedures preferred.
- Work is performed in an office, clean room, or production environment.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Relocation for this position is not available.
Compensation & Benefits:
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $65,000 - $88,500 (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. For details, copy and paste https://bit.ly/3pNSnxv into your browser or visit our careers site.
US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.