Supervisor, Graphic Pre-Press Svcs at Ball Aerospace
Ball Corporation manufactures aluminum packaging for beverage, personal care and household products, and provides aerospace and other technologies for commercial and government customers. We have been in business for over 140 years and is leading the charge in creating solutions that keep our planet healthy. Ball Corp has been nationally recognized as a leading company in the creation of sustainable products (Fast Company World Changing Ideas award) as well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity (Forbes Magazine.) Join our team of over 18,000 people worldwide in our quest to make the world a cleaner and healthier place. BE BIGGER THAN YOURSELF. BE UNSTOPPABLE. BE AN INSPIRATION. JOIN US IN MAKING THE WORLD A BETTER PLACE.
Primary Purpose of Position:
Provides support for the quality assurance graphics function as directed.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Implements the administrative duties as related to the graphics department including managing the pre-press department for metal decorating.
- Responsible for supervising the activities of the pre-press and artwork development graphic functions.
- Responsible for holding weekly meetings with the plate department and pre-press to ensure accurate and on time delivery of products.
- Responsible for overseeing the implementation of pre-press file retrieval and archiving to ensure the accurate production of metal decorating artwork which will affect the can flow at all metal beverage plants.
- Responsible for working with production control at each plant to ensure on-time delivery of in-house graphics.
- Responsible for scheduling the pre-press workflow to ensure on-time delivery to plants.
- Acts as first point of contact for customers relating to new and revised graphics to ensure uniformity of artwork.
- Responsible for ensuring consumables are ordered and on site for pre-press materials.
- Responsible for providing assistance to each plant to insure uniformity and consistency of pre-press related functions.
- Responsible for constant strengthening of customer and parent company relationships by assisting in the development of artwork and developing plans and goals to satisfy customer needs.
- Investigates methods and technologies related to lithographic improvements.
- Investigates and coordinates all graphic aspects of new labels, new printing systems and contract proposals with plants, and/or customers, and suppliers.
- Monitors and implements all claims for pre-press related manufacturing difficulties.
- Monitors and implements a filing system for pre-press artwork, approvals and films.
- Accesses, inputs, and retrieves information from the computer.
- Establishes and maintains effective work relationships within the department, the division, the group, and the company. Includes ability to handle stress and to interact with others so as to establish and maintain a positive and productive work environment and minimize personal conflicts.
- While the regular working cycle of this position is usually five days on (Monday-Friday), this job may include working weekends (Saturday and Sunday), working hours may vary as specified by management. Incumbent must be able to work overtime on a regular basis and/or be on call as directed by management.
- Performs those administrative activities necessary for effective management, including provision for selection and development of employees, salary administration, budget administration, employee safety, employee counseling, motivation, meeting objectives, planning, organizing, integrating and measuring the work performed within the organization.
- Regular and predictable attendance is required between the assigned start and end times of work.
- Assures and maintains safe and healthful working conditions while enforcing safety rules and regulations.
- Performs duties without posing a direct threat to anyone or to property. Direct threat is defined as a significant risk of substantial harm that cannot be eliminated or reduced to an acceptable level by reasonable accommodation.
- Ability to work independently within parameters set by management.
- Communication. Ability to communicate effectively, write effectively, read, comprehend, and follow complicated verbal and written instructions.
- Ability to meet the knowledge, skills, abilities, physical requirements and working conditions set forth in this position description and on the attached Physical Demands Assessment.
- Broad training in a related professional field usually acquired through high school education or work related experience.
- Job related experience for 3-5 years minimum.
- Working knowledge of the following areas:
- Graphic principles, practices, nomenclature, and procedures.
- Ability to apply intensive and diversified evaluation, selection, and substantial adaptation and modification of standard graphic techniques, procedures, and criteria.
Compensation & Benefits
- Hiring Salary Range: $ 68,000- 101,500 (Salary to be determined by the applicant's education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity and alignment with market data.)
- Other Compensation: This role will be eligible to participate in the annual incentive compensation plan.
- Regular Full-Time Salaried and Hourly positions: Ball includes a comprehensive benefits structure, Go to our career site and click "Total Rewards" to learn more.
Ball Corporation has been made aware of reports involving fraudulent job offers. These often appear legitimate, but Ball does not make job offers until after a candidate has submitted a job application and has participated in a face-to-face interview (In person or via WebEx). All email correspondence from Ball Corporation ends in "@ball.com." Please also be advised that Ball will never request payment or require candidates to deposit a check during the recruitment and onboarding processes. If you have questions about any open positions at Ball, please visit our careers website at https://jobs.ball.com/.
If you have applied to a position and have been asked for personal information through LinkedIn, please notify LinkedIn directly.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans