Supervisor, Customer Equipment at Ball Aerospace
Do you want to work for a world-leading manufacturer who strives to build a better future through sustainability and innovation? Are you looking for a new challenge in a stable, fast-growing sector?
Join us, and build your career by helping us build the future.
We are a global leader in sustainable products with more than 21,000 team members worldwide. From infinitely recyclable aluminum cans, cups, and aerosol bottles, to aerospace solutions that enable our customers to have a deeper understanding of our planet and the universe. We produce all these incredible things with one unique purpose: crafting a better community, a better society, a better world.
Moreover, each of us has a deep commitment to diversity and inclusion which is the foundation of our culture of belonging. And everyone at Ball is an everyday champion, making a difference by doing what we love.
We lead with our heads and our hearts and combine innovative thinking with a spirit of resiliency that keeps us moving forward in a relentless pursuit of new ways to make life, and the world, better. Whether we’re developing packaging that’s infinitely recyclable or aerospace innovations. Because what we create may change, but what we will always make is a difference.
Primary Purpose of the Position
Supervises the quality services function as directed.
Essential Responsible Areas:
- Directs the evaluation and qualification of new materials and products, including line trials and customer approvals, per assigned responsibility area.
- Ensures and maintains the accuracy of the corporate quality manual, per customer assistance manager directives, including SQF documents.
- 40-50% travel required
- Administers and maintains customer relations in matters relating to quality. This requires routine visits and/or problem solving. This function encompasses such services to all group plants and their customers per assigned area. This also may include routine customer quality reporting.
- Develops and coordinates assessments with beverage plants, and customers regarding new product specifications, efficiency enhancements, and cost savings. Coordinates and communicates schedules with corporate, customers and plants.
- Participates as a member of a committee evaluating and implementing “Best Practices” operating procedures, reporting systems and standards throughout all the beverage plants.
- Assists in the program development or execution to standardize quality gauging used in our operations.
- Assists in the program development or execution to improve SPC abilities by personnel in the beverage division.
- Performs those administrative activities necessary for effective management, including provision for selection and development of employees, salary administration, budget administration, employee safety, employee counseling, motivation, meeting objectives, planning, organizing, integrating and measuring the work performed within the organization.
- Provides interface between quality assurance staff, plants, and customer service representatives through the customer assistance manager.
- Arranges weekly schedules for the customer assistance visits in his/her area. Arranges travel activities with Ball plants, customers, and suppliers.
Position Requirement & Competencies:
- Bachelor's Degree preferred. High School Diploma or GED required
- 5-7 years of experience working with seamer equipment. Angelus seamer experience preferred
- 3+ years of supervisory experience
- Experience with breakdown and rebuilding of mechanical equipment
- Ability to explain equipment issues to customers and stakeholders
Compensation & Benefits
- Hiring Salary Range: $ 85,000 - 110,000 (Salary to be determined by the applicant’s education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity and alignment with market data.)
- Other Compensation: This role will be eligible to participate in the annual incentive compensation plan.
- Regular Full-Time Salaried and Hourly positions: Ball includes a comprehensive benefits structure, Go to our career site and click "Total Rewards" to learn more.
Ball Corporation has been made aware of reports involving fraudulent job offers. These often appear legitimate, but Ball does not make job offers until after a candidate has submitted a job application and has participated in a face-to-face interview (In person or via WebEx). All email correspondence from Ball Corporation ends in “@ball.com.” Please also be advised that Ball will never request payment or require candidates to deposit a check during the recruitment and onboarding processes. If you have questions about any open positions at Ball, please visit our careers website at https://jobs.ball.com/.
If you have applied to a position and have been asked for personal information through LinkedIn, please notify LinkedIn directly.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans