Supervisor - Client Retirement Reconciliations at FIS
Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you'll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
About the team
FIS empowers small to large retirement plan providers around the globe with a comprehensive, integrated suite of retirement solutions. Our industry-leading offering includes an extensive selection of technology and services. From record keeping technology and plan administration and compliance solutions, to financial wellness that supports all aspects of retirement services business and positions our clients for future growth. We are looking for a talented resource, who is comfortable working multiple appropriately prioritized issues and/or projects at a time. One who desires to be a part of this global dynamic retirement technology team where they will grow personally, technically and professionally.
What you will be doing
- Oversees the team in analyzing and reconciling the RPS Demand Deposit Accounts that maintain custody of RPS assets. Uses financial and system generated information to determine accuracy, identify potential discrepancies, and highlight extraordinary items. Ensures financial information and exceptions are reported to various internal and external contacts within established deadlines. Responsible for overseeing the team in researching errors and out of balance conditions and leads them in determining the most appropriate approach to achieve a timely resolution.
- Oversees the selection, training and development of new associates; conducts ongoing formal and informal coaching, development and evaluations of associates. Ensures assigned work is completed by associates on a daily basis. Provides meaningful, timely and actionable feedback to team members on an ongoing basis to improve both team and individual performance.
- Actively manages workflow within the team to ensure department standards and client expectations are met or exceeded. Evaluates and balances workloads within the team. Ensures the team adheres to internal control policies and issues are resolved promptly and completely. Strives to improve efficiencies and skill levels to increase team capacity.
- Actively contributes to project groups, task forces and committees. Leads scheduled team meetings to ensure continuing education, share department goals and communicate other important information.
What you bring:
- Experience in automated financial environment; financial accounting and finance principles
- IntelliMatch experience
- Agile experience
- Demonstrated ability to develop financial controls and to enforce procedures supporting the controls
- Supervisory experience
- Ability to exercise sound business judgment independent of management direction
- Strong reconciliation skills
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Team player yet able to work independently when required
- Able to meet multiple intraday deadlines
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to manage through challenges in a professional and positive manner
- Strong ability to manage changes while fostering a cooperative, team environment
- Detail oriented with effective follow-up skills
- Excellent communication and listening skills
- Ability to exercise good judgment and offer solutions
- Flexibility to work in challenging, demanding environment
What we offer you
- A competitive salary and benefits
- A variety of career development tools, resources and opportunities
- The chance to work on some of the most challenging, relevant issues in financial services & technology
- Time to support charities and give back in your community
All employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 on or before December 31, 2021. Individuals with a disability (including a medical condition) or sincerely held religious beliefs or practices that prevent them from getting the vaccine may request an exemption from the vaccine requirement.
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.