Subcontract Lead - Outsourced Assemblies at Ball Aerospace
Powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most.
We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
The Operations Strategic Support Unit plays a fundamental role in enabling efficient business and program execution – from technologies and investments to supply chain, manufacturing and test operations, facilities management, and information technology services.
Subcontract Lead - Outsourced Assemblies
The Supply Chain Commodity Lead position represents an exciting opportunity that will help enable Ball Aerospace to GO BEYOND by developing technology to help you see farther, stay safer, and preserve our planet and meet some of the nation’s most critical missions, at home and on the outskirts of our solar system. The Supply Chain Commodity Lead will be responsible for the management and oversight of category specific minor, technically complex procurements and related activities in support of Ball Aerospace customer programs. This position will participate in both procurement management and commodity specific category supplier management. This role will entail supplier sourcing, leading RFP and proposal evaluations, negotiations and management of the supplier throughout the procurement life cycle, with responsibility for the supplier relationship and contractual performance. This position reports directly to the Ball Aerospace Category Manager.
What You’ll Do:
- Execute and manage category specific, technically complex procurements.
- Responsible for all aspects of category procurement execution from proposal through product delivery. Ball authorized signature authority for procurement and contractual point of contact with category suppliers.
- Responsible for the development and management of category supplier tactical and strategic relationships, participation in category supplier strategies, risk assessments, performance tracking, and to drive supplier performance to procurement requirements.
- Responsible for supplier sourcing, solicit and lead supplier proposal evaluations; employ value analysis techniques to analyze cost/price, technical capability and financial viability, investigate supplier’s ability to perform within the proposed cost, technical, and schedule parameters.
- Identify supplier risk and opportunities to achieve program objectives; develop risk assessments, manage supplier risk through targeted negotiation strategies/plans in conjunction with the Program technical leads; lead procurement negotiations.
- Develop procurement management plans in conjunction with the Category Manager, Supply Chain Quality and the Program technical teams; determine contractual methodologies for supplier performance that align to the negotiated contractual baseline, such as delivery incentives, required supplier status meetings, programmatic reviews, etc.
- Owns the management of supplier contractual performance throughout the procurement lifecycle; resolve supplier performance issues and any internal Ball issues that affect supplier performance
- Responsible for generation of the procurement award, ensuring ensure all procurement management actions are performed within Ball Aerospace procedures and compliant to government regulations.
- Represent Supply Chain Management at various levels on cross functional teams to drive business success, cultivate and maintain strong working relationships with suppliers, customers and internal stakeholders.
- Perform all procurement administrative and management functions including modifications, milestone payment plans, cash flow and monitor variances; evaluate accuracy, and authorize payment of invoices; solicit Engineering Change Proposals, review Prime Contract modifications to include relevant changes in procurement modifications.
- Ensure that all business is conducted using the highest ethical standards and in compliance with all applicable laws, statutes, and regulations as well as company policies and directives.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- BS/BA in related field plus 6 years or more related experience.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Supply Chain/procurement experience, including execution and oversight of firm fixed price subcontracts in support of DoD and/or NASA customers.
- Ability to effectively relate with others and cooperate as a team member.
- Demonstrated ability to build effective relationships at all levels of the organization
- Ability to build effective relationships at all levels of the organization
- Basic FAR/DFAR knowledge
- Strong interpersonal and organization skills
- Strong communication skills (both oral and written)
- Demonstrated success driving win-win supplier negotiations preferred.
- Prior experience as a procurement and/or subcontracts management professional at a 1st or 2nd tier Aerospace & Defense contractor preferred.
- Technical aptitude and/or technical degree preferred.
- Industry recognized certification in Supply Chain, Contracts or Program Management preferred.
- Work is performed in an office environment, laboratory, cleanroom, or production floor.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Relocation for this position is not available.
Compensation & Benefits:
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $78,500 - $106,500 (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. For details, copy and paste https://bit.ly/3pNSnxv into your browser or visit our careers site.
US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.