Powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most.
We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
The Operations Strategic Support Unit plays a fundamental role in enabling efficient business and program execution – from technologies and investments to supply chain, manufacturing and test operations, facilities management, and information technology services.
Subcontract Lead - Category Lead
Ball Aerospace is looking for a new Indirect Strategic Sourcing member that will drive operational efficiencies and cost savings. This position will lead initiatives across the company that will result in hard and soft cost savings, both are critically important. We are growing fast and need to catch up our supply chain structure and processes to support this growth. Our team is smaller yet has a huge impact on the day to day operations of the company. This position is category specific but will benefit from general strategic sourcing process knowledge so that it can be applied across key areas of spend. If you’re looking for a chance to make a huge difference, with leadership that has an open mind, this position is calling your name. Our CAPEX category is not yet fully built out and may have other categories added underneath.
What You’ll Do:
- Develop and implement Supply Chain Strategic Sourcing activities.
- Execute RFx steps within the Strategic Sourcing process.
- Produce baseline, market analysis, current supplier analysis, build strategies, negotiate, write and execute contracts.
- Develop supplier, category, and contract management.
- Develop and deploy applicable technology solutions to sourcing activities and general business processes.
- Fulfill savings, process improvements and enhanced business terms.
- Communicate across multiples departments to gain consensus for hard and soft cost savings.
- Work with operational leaders to understand business processes and structure to improve.
- Develop and implement new operational processes.
- Use quantitative/qualitative skills to analyze and manage large quantities of data to understand trends and opportunities.
- Work directly with suppliers to understand new and better initiatives.
- Develop, monitor, and produce savings tracking methods and processes.
- Establish and maintain supplier quality management system.
- Manage CAPEX projection plans.
- Develop CAPEX management structure, partnered with applicable business unit, to standardize manufacturers, parts list and buying process.
- Manage team members to make sure purchase orders are processed to vendors in a timely manner.
- Pay critical attention to detail with thorough checking to maintain high quality information.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- BS/BA in related field plus 6 or more years related experience.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- 5 or more years of recent Strategic Sourcing experience preferred.
- Project management skills and ability to manage from baselining, implementation, and ongoing management of the category.
- Ability to multitask and be open to side projects that may not always be directly related to Sourcing activities.
- Ability to work and problem solve independently.
- Strong contract experience.
- Experience in process mapping preferred.
- Process engineering skills preferred.
- This position may require occasional work outside standard first shift hours due to customer needs and requirements.
- Work is performed in an office environment, laboratory, cleanroom, or production floor.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Relocation for this position is not available.
Compensation & Benefits:
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $78,500 - $106,500 (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. For details, copy and paste https://bit.ly/3pNSnxv into your browser or visit our careers site.
US CITIZENSHIP MAY BE REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.