Student Success Coach at Guild Education
Guild is hiring for Student Success Coaches. As a Student Success Coach (“SSC”), you unlock potential in our students. Guild strives to support the journeys of millions of working adult students, and our team is accountable to measurable success for those students. As a part of a team building a world-class experience, you will be coaching and supporting students from across the country, helping them navigate the challenges of work, school, and life as they pursue education programs in an online setting.
Our students are the center of what we do — we listen to them, advocate on their behalf, and make decisions with them in mind. Reflecting this principle, we provide a robust coaching experience for our students. Our proprietary Coaching Certification is based on the Co-Active coaching model, and all Guild coaches are internally trained and certified to ensure a quality experience for our students.
As a Student Success Coach, you will:
- Coach your students, adhering to Guild’s Core Coaching Beliefs
- Build and manage supportive, welcoming, and inclusive coaching relationships with diverse group of online students, primarily through synchronous phone communications, supported by email and text messaging as well
- Use empathy and deep listening skills to create space for students to explore and discover their goals and strengths. Coaches will help students navigate systems, plan, set goals, and create an environment for self-empowerment during their educational journey
- Provide a judgment-free experience for students, recognizing each student as a whole person, and understanding their unique, diverse experiences and backgrounds as relevant and necessary to guide them toward their goals
- Celebrate your students’ successes, and honor their inevitable stumbles, giving them a person in their corner along the way
- Demonstrate consistent growth and performance in coaching ability, with most coaching evaluations rated “Succeeding”
- Manage the operational elements of your student caseload in a consistent and effective manner
- Create and maintain effective communication strategies for your students that demonstrate that they are valued and supported, and that establish and maintain engaging relationships with them
- Maintain high levels of responsiveness for your students, showing that their time is valuable, and that you’re on their side
- Use business tools and systems (CRM, contact center software, data dashboards) to monitor student progress, flag concerns, and ensure a world-class experience
- Learn and follow established processes and procedures, performing your day-to-day job duties without compliance issues
- Learn Guild’s proprietary coaching techniques, and improve your coaching capability through ongoing learning and development
- Complete Guild’s coaching training and certification process to become a certified Guild coach
- Participate in internal training, as well as peer feedback and coaching sessions, in order to meet team and individual student engagement and satisfaction targets
- Develop an in-depth knowledge of effective coaching techniques, tools, and frameworks to further refine your ability to help your students to succeed
You are a strong fit for this role if you have:
- Commitment to building a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment
- Ability to develop and maintain strong relationships through phone, text and email communications
- Strong listening and communication skills, with the ability to adjust your style across a diverse set of conversations and individuals
- Basic technical literacy, enabling you to learn new tools and systems that we use to coach our students
- Natural curiosity and a desire to learn new skills and explore new ideas
- Passion for our dual mission to both change education in America while building a successful, high-growth company
- 2+ years of experience in a role in which coaching, developing and building relationships, or supporting individuals one-on-one is a primary function
- Experience in an environment where there is frequent change and a need to demonstrate and act with a sense of urgency
- Experience in a contact center environment; deal with metrics, tools, systems, and accountability
Guild is increasing economic mobility for working adults by partnering with the largest employers in the country to offer education as a benefit to their employees via our marketplace of nonprofit universities and education institutions. Guild’s proprietary technology platform facilitates the administration of this innovative benefit and our team of coaches helps each employee navigate the path back to school, providing individualized support from day one through program completion.
We also just became the latest female-led company to hit a $1 billion valuation and the only B-corp with those qualifications. Our Series D round was led by Ken Chenault, General Catalyst Partners chairman and former CEO of AMEX, and joined by Emerson Collective, LeadEdge Capital, and Iconiq.
Guild Education is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.