Student Success Advisor
As a Student Success Advisor (“SSA”), you’ll play a central role in Guild’s mission as we work together to empower students to chart paths toward meaningful careers and pioneer education as a benefit with universities and Fortune 1000 companies. From our headquarters in Denver, you will be working remotely with students every day, coaching and helping them navigate the challenges of work, school, and life as they pursue job training or degree programs in an online setting.
As a Student Success Advisor, you will:
- Coach, advise, and provide resources and support for your students via phone, video conference, email, and text around goal-setting, time management, study skills, self-advocacy, academic success strategies, and broader topics that impact the student balancing work, life, and school.
- Treat each student as an individual. Understanding that each student’s path to degree attainment may be different, you will listen to their concerns and dreams, and help them develop a plan to reach their goals while also being diligent about gathering insights and learnings from our students to continuously help us improve our student experience and scale our systems.
- Monitor student academic progress and update internal systems according to FERPA standards. You’ll track things like academic progress, concerns, long-term goals, and student next steps; celebrating when appropriate and intervening to assist those students who need extra support.
- Update and implement internal systems to help us keep track of how we’re doing to support each student and students at the aggregate.
- Connect across the team in a group setting to establish student outreach priorities, share best practices, and problem-solve together in order to meet team and individual metrics around student engagement, continuing course enrollment, and student satisfaction.
- Work cross-functionally with marketing, academic products, enrollment services, and other departments to improve the student experience based on insights gained from your students.
- Develop creative solutions and innovations to serve working adults even better as they balance work, school and personal obligations.
- Take on specific student or team-focused projects that increase our effectiveness and efficiency as coaches as the company scales and launches new partners.
In addition to working on the Student Success Team, in this role you will collaborate with other Guild departments and leaders, including (but not limited to): Lauren Friend (Assoc. Director of Retention), Christine Mikulski (Assoc. Director of Academic Operations), Annie Furlong (Client Success & Marketing), Leenae Woo (Manager of Student Operations), and Sean McKeever (Business Intelligence Analyst).
You are a strong fit for this role if you have:
- Passion for higher education and our dual mission to both change education in America while building a successful, high-growth company.
- Minimum +2 years of experience in a role in which coaching, advising, developing and building relationships, or supporting individuals one-on-one is a primary function.. This should include the ability to give clear feedback and hold someone accountable to achieving specific results while remaining empathetic and approachable.
- Experience with our demographic of students: online, adult learners, many of whom are first generation college students or who have not historically been served well by our higher education system.
- Experience in a startup or similar environment where there is frequent change and a need to demonstrate and act with a sense of urgency. Guild is pioneering a new path for education as a benefit in a complicated and regulated space - success means quickly learning the landscape and effectively adapting your expertise
- Commitment to building a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment.
Guild is increasing economic mobility for working adults by partnering with the largest employers in the country to offer education as a benefit to their employees via our marketplace of nonprofit universities and education institutions. Guild’s proprietary technology platform facilitates the administration of this innovative benefit and our team of coaches helps each employee navigate the path back to school, providing individualized support from day one through program completion. Fast Company recently named Guild as one of the World’s Most Innovative Companies and we've raised over $70 million from top tier investors including Felicis, Bessemer, Redpoint, Rethink EDU, Harrison Metal, Cowboy Ventures, Salesforce and Workday Ventures.
Guild Education is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.