Student Operations Specialist
Guild is one of Denver’s fastest growing startups - increasing economic mobility for working adults in America, providing education and support to help every student survive and thrive in the economy of tomorrow. Our education benefits platform helps employers offer education as a benefit to their employees, and our network of nonprofit universities and education institutions helps provide every Guild student with the right academic pathway to advance their education and career. In order to achieve our mission to serve 1000s more students and accelerate our growth, we recently raised a $21M Series B round with top tier investors including Bessemer Venture Partners, Redpoint Ventures, Social Capital, Harrison Metal, and Cowboy Ventures. Now, we’re looking to add a Student Operations Coordinator to the team.
The Student Operations Coordinator will support Student Operations teams in their day-to-day execution of their jobs as well as partnering with cross-functional colleagues to drive continuous improvement to Enrollment Services’ and Student Services’ Key Outcomes, including conversion rate, start rate, employee retention, and others.
A day in our open, collaborative workspace will look a little like this:
- Supporting students who submit support tickets to resolve their issues and connect them to the correct next steps
- Reviewing student applications for completeness and accuracy
- Connecting with Enrollment, Student Services, Finance, and Enterprise Sales/Client Success teams to collaboratively solve problems and identify areas of opportunity with individual students and also with business processes
- Data entry and analysis to support process improvements
- Collaborating with cross-functional groups to resolve internal support tickets and escalate as appropriate.
- Become comfortable with critical operating systems such as telephone systems, calendar and scheduling tools, Salesforce, etc. to provide support to team members as needed
- Asking the questions that will help you help the team continuously improve our outcomes
- Coordinate group inboxes including email, voicemail, text and chat - distribute leads and messages to the appropriate advisors
- Coordinate email templates and other communication tools through existing technologies
- Complete special projects related to the launch of new clients, implementation of new university partners, and the general improvement of team efficiencies
In this role, you’ll grow and expand your expertise by:
- Taking on a cross-functional role that will expose you to the ins and outs of Guild
- Showing initiative by solving unique problems across our student operations team
- Participating in the development of prototype processes to improve key outcomes
You’ll know if you’re successful by:
- Successful completion of required tasks with a high degree of accuracy and in a timely manner
- Improving student acceptance, retention, and completion rates
- HIgh student satisfaction
- Assisting with implementing programs that help team managers to drive high employee satisfaction and employee retention rates
- Receiving feedback through our learning-focused twice annual Structured Growth Conversations
You’ll join a team:
- Of experts with experience in government, higher education, and private sector partnerships
- Of learners & problem-solvers dedicated to our dual mission of changing education in America while building a successful, high-growth company
- Committed to building a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment that you’d support every day
What you’ll add to Guild - as an individual and part of the broader team:
- Passion for higher education and our mission
- An understanding of diverse project management principles, processes, methodologies, and tools paired with an ability to critically evaluate and implement the right options for each project
- Ability to successfully manage multiple complex, cross-functional projects at the same time
- Experience using analytical approaches to develop, measure and evolve processes
- Ability to develop strong relationships and communicate effectively while under pressure - balancing confidence, humility, and diplomacy internally and externally
- An understanding of the higher education and benefits landscape
- Evidence of your intellectual curiosity in the space - do you blog, tweet, speak or read everything that’s out there - tell us more!
- A drive to work hard and a plan for how you can refresh and recharge while working in a startup
- Something else? Wonderful, we’re curious to learn more about you!