Student Operations Specialist (Remote) at Guild Education
This is a remote role, which can sit in any of the following 24 states: AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, FL, GA, ID, IL, KS, MA, MD, MI, MN, NC, NJ, NY, OR, PA, TN, TX, VA, WA, and WI. Please only apply if you are able to live and work full-time in one of the states listed above.
Guild is hiring for Student Operations Specialists to support our Student Operations teams. In particular, we are looking for individuals who have attention to detail, a strong work ethic, and the knack to identify areas for process improvement. The ability to communicate and effectively work cross-functionally with the team and leadership is also critical to being successful.
We have a few teams within our Student Operations Department:
As a Student Operations Specialist, Onboarding, you will:
- Communicate with students through Phone, Text, and Email
- Help students with accepted applications maintain momentum and overcome barriers during the enrollment process of their chosen university. You will do this via phone, text, and email outreach.
- Assist students through an onboarding checklist of essential tasks such as collecting their transcripts and letters of recommendations, submitting materials, etc.
- Manage a student caseload of approximately 50 new students per week, ensuring that they are aware of their next steps.
As a Student Operations Specialist, Support, you will:
- Communicate with students through live chat, email, and incoming phone support. (Phone support coming in Summer of 2021)
- Support students and internal teams who submit support tickets via email and Zendesk and utilize chat to resolve their issues and connect them to the correct next steps.
- Use various tools like ZenDesk (tickets and chat), Salesforce, and Looker to better engage with our students.
As a Student Operations Specialist, Application Review and Transcripts (“ART”), you will:
- Support students and student-facing teams in a role primarily focused on reviewing students' applications for eligibility (program and employee), completeness (documents and self-reported information), and qualification within the Service Level Agreement (SLA) timeline of the employer or academic provider.
- Order transcripts on behalf of students, tracking takeaways to help improve the efficiency and overall success of this service.
- Be a subject matter expert (“SME”) in academic partners you will primarily work with, ensuring students are processed accurately, while also staying familiar with the schools you do not “own” in order to better support your teammates.
You are a strong fit for these roles if you have:
- Strong attention to detail and organization
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- 0-3 years experience in a customer service or operations role
- Ability to develop strong relationships and communicate effectively while under pressure - balancing confidence, humility, and diplomacy internally and externally
- Ability to use data to support operational opportunities
- Positive attitude while navigating a changing and ambiguous environment
- Drive to meet both internal and external deadlines, including partner specific Service Level Agreements
- Ability to synthesize and explain complex information in an easy to understand manner
- Familiarity with tools such as Salesforce, Zendesk, and Looker
- Experience with writing Standard Operating Procedures and strong documentation skills
Guild is increasing economic mobility for working adults by partnering with the largest employers in the country to offer education as a benefit to their employees via our marketplace of nonprofit universities and education institutions. Guild’s proprietary technology platform facilitates the administration of this innovative benefit and our team of coaches helps each employee navigate the path back to school, providing individualized support from day one through program completion.
We are one of the few female-led companies to hit a $1 billion valuation and the only Certified B Corporation with those qualifications. Our Series D financing round was led by Ken Chenault, General Catalyst Partners chairman and former CEO of AMEX, and joined by Emerson Collective, LeadEdge Capital, and Iconiq.
Guild Education is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Additionally, we feel passionately about equal pay for equal work, and transparency in compensation is one vehicle to achieve that. Total compensation for these roles are market competitive, including a base salary between $45,000-$46,350, as well as company stock options.
- Access to low-cost, high-quality health care options through Cigna and Kaiser (due to coverage limitations, Kaiser is currently only available in CA & CO)
- Access to a 401k to help save for your future
- 3 weeks of vacation in your first year and an open vacation policy after year 1 to help you recharge
- 8 days of fully-paid sick leave, so that you can take the time to heal and or recover
- Family-friendly benefits, including 14 weeks of parental leave, employer-paid short-term and long-term disability, employer-sponsored life insurance, and fertility care benefits.
- Well-rounded wellness benefits including access to free and low cost mental health resources and support services
- Education benefits and tuition assistance to help your future development and growth