Student Operations Specialist - Admissions Review and Transcripts at Guild Education
Guild is hiring for a Student Operations Specialist to join the Application Review and Transcripts (“ART”) team and drive innovation in that department.
In particular, we are looking for an individual who has attention to detail, a strong work ethic, and can identify areas for process improvement. Must have strong communication skills to work with the team and leadership. The ability to work cross-functionally is also important.
As an ART Team Member, you will:
- Internally review students’ applications for eligibility (program and employee), completeness (documents and self-reported information, mostly), and qualification within the Service Level Agreement (SLA) timeline of the employer or academic provider. Right now, that SLA is 48 hours.
- Order transcripts on behalf of students, tracking takeaways to help improve the efficacy and efficiency of this service.
- Be a subject matter expert (SME) in academic partners you will primarily work with, ensuring students are processed accurately. Become familiar with the schools you do not “own.”
- Be in the moment support for ART and transcript ordering questions from internal stakeholders.
- Support cross-functional needs and initiatives with excitement and flexibility.
- Participate in weekly team syncs to update your teammates on your initiatives, foster positive team culture, and ensure cohesion.
- Work with your manager to prioritize your needs and understand how they fit into the needs of the team and organization.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with teams such as Onboarding, Student Success, Enrollment, and product with an emphasis on scale> students >scale.
- Join efforts in building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive environment that you’d support every day, both at the team level and organizational level.
- Create and drive forward projects and process changes in order to streamline and innovate application processes.
- Understand and “own” complex processes to ensure we are able to serve students in many unique situations.
- Participate in launches for new academic/employer partners (help create a seamless application process for new students and address areas of opportunity).
- Create and manipulate data from SFDC and Looker to drive strategic change.
- Create relationships and be a resource for different teams with questions about the application process.
You are a strong fit for this role if you:
- Are very attentive to detail and have a true passion for the details and getting it ‘right’
- Drive change and innovation, using data (Looker/SFDC reporting)
- Know how ART fits into the larger mission and OKRs of the company and drives team toward those goals
- Are a problem solver--use resources prior to escalating
- Are flexible and willing to step in for the good of the team and good of the process
- Advocate for, plan, and execute process improvements that are scalable and students-first
- Have a habit of proactively finding work to do and asking for more responsibilities
- Bring enthusiasm, flexibility, and patience to the role in a fast-paced, fun, and collaborative environment
Guild is increasing economic mobility for working adults by partnering with the largest employers in the country to offer education as a benefit to their employees via our marketplace of nonprofit universities and education institutions. Guild’s proprietary technology platform facilitates the administration of this innovative benefit and our team of coaches helps each employee navigate the path back to school, providing individualized support from day one through program completion.
We also just became the latest female-led company to hit a $1billion valuation and the only B-corp with those qualifications. Our Series D round was led by Ken Chenault, General Catalyst Partners chairman and former CEO of AMEX, and joined by Emerson Collective, LeadEdge Capital, and Iconiq.
Guild Education is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.